Pataki Approves $1.3B Van Cortlandt Park Water Plant
- Bills to Raise Caps Await Pataki Nod. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30931, p1
Focuses on the anticipated approval of New York State Governor George Pataki for a legislative bill to raise variable-rate debt bonds in New York City. Transactions which illustrate the issues at stake in the bill; Reaction of financial management firms in the city to the decision.
- Pataki Program Bill Freeing NYSIF Investments From Existing Legal Restraints Passed By Legislature. // Insurance Advocate;06/24/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 26, p22
Reports on the passage of New York Governor George E. Pataki's program bill that would authorize the fund to invest in a wider range of stocks and bonds. Benefits of the legislation; Remarks from H. Neal Conolly, executive director of the New York State Insurance Fund; Information on the fund.
- CBC Wants Veto of N.Y. Pension Bill. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p2
Reports that the Citizens Budget Commission has called on New York Governor George Pataki to veto a bill seeking to allow local governments to issue bonds to satisfy state pension fund requirements. Provisions of the proposed legislation.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p1
Focuses on developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of July 28, 2004. Increase in bond yields; Call of the Citizens Budget Commission on New York Governor George Pataki to veto a bill seeking to allow local governments to issue bonds to meet state pension fund requirements
- N.Y. lawmakers blast Gov. Pataki for vetoing bonds. Kaplan, David; Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;04/28/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30381, p1
Reports on the reaction of New York State legislators on Governor George Pataki's decision to excise $760 million of spending and $849 million of bond issuance from their budget. Pataki's position on the integration of addition spending in the state's proposed budget; Items vetoed in the...
- Voters will decide fate of popular environmental bond act. Turner, Brad // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/96, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p5
Reports on New York State Governor George Pataki's proposed environmental bond, the Clean Air/Clean Water Bond Act of 1996. Wide support for the bond from Republicans, Democrats, labor unions, environmental groups and the business community; Dependence of the passage of the bill on the November...
- Pataki revises budget reform plan to curb debt practices. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p3
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's revision of a budget reform plan. Curbing of debt practices of the state; Use of the payments from the tobacco settlement.
- Nassau Gets a Safety Net. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's plan to restructure Nassau County, New York's 220 million dollars debt. Reissuance of the bonds through a temporary oversight board; Details of the payment plan.
- Pataki signs tough bill on predatory lending. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;10/7/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p55
Reports the approval of governor George Pataki on anti-predatory lending measure pushed by consumer advocates in New York City. Expansion of the prosecution of predatory lenders; Restriction on subprime lending; Measure for providing legal protection from illegal lending practices.