Muni groups ask Senate panel to reject public power bill
- Murkowski Bill Won't Deal With Muni Utilities' Bond Status. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30743, p5
Reports on the plan of Senator Frank Murkowski to introduce a bill that will not include any provisions governing the future use of tax-exempt bonds by municipal utilities in the United States.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31559, p31
Presents news briefs related to financial activities in U.S. states as of January 24, 2003. Directives issued by Alaskan governor Frank Murkowski to its Department of Transportation and Public Facilities; Plans of the California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority regarding the...
- Final yield-burning rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the issuance of tax regulations on arbitrage restrictions for tax-exempt bonds in the United States.
- NLC resolution urges eliminating Murkowski bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30286, p1
Presents information on the National league of Cities approval of a resolution terminating legislation by Senator Frank Murkowski. Reasons for this approval; Detailed information on the resolution; Comments from Mike Hernandez, Los Angeles city council member, and others.
- Senator speaks out on mining law reform. Murkowski, Frank H. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Feb94, Vol. 195 Issue 2, p16LL
Features United States Senator Frank H. Murkowski's comments on the mining law reform. National climate for development of mineral resources; Shift in public land policy from `multiple use' to `no use'; Assault of national environmental groups and Congress representatives on the federal Mining...
- Seeking consensus. Warner, Edward // Waste News;07/19/99, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the efforts of senator Frank Murkowski to develop a compromise restructuring bill for the electric industry in the United States. Decision to remove the bill out of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee; Importance of restructuring to waste-to-energy producers; Concerns of...
- Reconciliation bill veto? // Wilderness (07366477);Fall95, Vol. 59 Issue 210, p8
Looks at the letter of warning wrote to Senator Frank Murlowski from director of the Office of Management and Budget Alice Rivlin, boosting protection campaign of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Contents of letter; Plans to veto reconciliation bill if it is sent to the president.
- Frank Murkowski. Estes, Deborah // American Gas;Sep97, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p32
Presents an interview with US Senate Energy and Natural Committee chairman Frank Murkowski. Agenda of the Congress on energy issues; Prospects for developing natural gas resources in Alaska; Views on the need ffor electric restructuring legislation; Retail choice programs implemented for...
- Senate to hold utility deregulation hearings. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30361, p4
Reports that Senator Frank Murkowski will hold hearings on electric restructuring legislation. Bonds for facilities that participate in a deregulated market.