IRS issues rules on tax credits for qualified zone academy bond program
- Proposed Research Tax Credit Regulations: They Could Be Worse. Frans, Myron L.; Gardner, Andrew T. // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p53
Reviews the regulations proposed by the United States Internal Revenue Service in December 1998 regarding the definition of qualified research. Application of the discovery test; Process of experimentation test; Issue over internal-use software.
- IRS RE-EXAMINATION OF POLICIES FOR ALLOWING FOREIGN TAX CREDIT. // Banking;Feb79, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the ruling of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the re-examination of policies for allowing foreign tax credit. Revenue rulings issued by the IRS on the creditability of taxes paid to foreign jurisdictions by U.S. taxpayers; Concerns of several banks on the revenue rulings.
- IRS Needs Better Controls over FTC Claims. Hood, Daniel // Accountingtoday.com;9/23/2015, p3
As per this article the Internal Revenue Service should avoid paying out Foreign Tax Credit (FTC) claims till it has its controls and processes in place as the report generated from the Treasury Inspector General of Tax Administration showed $94.9 million erroneous Foreign Tax Credits in 2010-2012.
- Housing project for homeless won't qualify for tax credit. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Jun98, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p36
Highlights the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) private letter ruling which provides that a renovated single-room-occupancy (SRO) hotel to be operated as transitional housing project for the homeless will not qualify for low-income housing tax credits. Application of the ruling to...
- Research Regulations Require Real Revision. // Tax Executive;May/Jun2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p178
Presents comments from the Tax Executives Institute on the tax credit regulations of the United States Internal Revenue Service. Elimination of the common knowledge test; Clarification on the process-of-experimentation rule; Adoption of a consistent definition of gross receipts.
- IRS issues rules on carryover allocations. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;May94, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p18
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued final regulations clarifying the requirements for carryover allocations of low-income housing tax credits.
- Disaster relief won't affect availability of tax credit. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Feb97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the Internal Revenue Service's issuance of a revenue ruling regarding the effect of disaster relief on the availability of tax credit. Federal Emergency Management Agency's provisions on disaster relief.
- IRS Extends Hold on Tax Refunds for Questionable Foreign Returns. Cohn, Michael // Accountingtoday.com;12/7/2015, p1
The Internal Revenue Service has extended its hold on certain tax refunds for returns filed by nonresident aliens and other foreign taxpayers on Form 1040NR beyond the usual 180-day limit in order to give extra scrutiny to the refund claims, leaving many undocumented immigrant workers waiting up...
- With OK From IRS, Dayton, Ohio, School District to Sell $152 Million. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31678, p1
Focuses on the plans to sale of $151.5 million of school construction and improvement bonds by Dayton City School District, Ohio on July 17, 2003, a month after the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) ruled that the sale will not violate hedge fund or spend down rules and therefore can be...