Treasuries give up some of their gains
- Money Creation and the State. Gnos, Claude; Rochon, Louis-Philippe // International Journal of Political Economy;Fall2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p41
The article discusses various issues related to money creation and the state. Chartalists believe that attempts at separating the central bank's and the treasury's functions is merely confused discussion. Indeed, as economist L. Wray clearly states in response to previous critiques, it should be...
- Bad Medicine. // Saturday Evening Post;2/13/1932, Vol. 204 Issue 33, p20
Focuses on the role of inflation in the restoration of business activities and the recovery of prices of goods in the U.S. Advantages and disadvantages of inflation; Use of fiat money and issuance of government bonds to halt deflation; Implication of the complexity of monetary, banking and...
- Inflated Dollars and Reputations. FISHER, FRANK; BETHELL, TOM; Lehrman, Lewis E. // American Spectator;Dec2013, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented including a response to the article "JFK Conservative" in the October 2013, issue and another in response to Lewis Lehman's article "Bubbles for the Rich, Welfare for the Poor" in the November 2013 issue.
- Lets kick-start the economy. Tickell, Oliver // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);May96, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on the Local Exchange and Trading System scheme for financial transactions in Great Britain. Impact of a single European currency on the poor regions; Creation of a local money backed by the government; Centralized models of finance.
- THERE GO THOSE EUROCRATS AGAIN. Norton, Rob; Urresta, Lixandra // Fortune;9/18/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p51
Ponders the meaning of European governments' plan to create a single currency for all of Europe. A green paper released in summer 1995 concerning a new scenario and target dates for European monetary union (EMU); Serious practical problems to overcome, including public relations with Europe's...
- Freedom at a single stroke. Grigsby, John // Public Finance;12/20/96, p6
Presents the impact of the single European currency on future government. Criteria of the single currency; Argument on local taxation; Important areas which the local government failed to consider.
- Show me the Euro. Merriden, Trevor // Management Review;Oct97, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p28
Explains the impact of British business influence on the arrival of a single currency, the euro, for European Union member-states. Comments of several British political parties on the issue; Percentage of management directors in favor of single currency; Impact of euro on information technology...
- REUTERS week. // Warsaw Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p1
Reports the instability of the zloty against the Euro in Warsaw, Poland.
- Follow the polls, go for EMU. Worcester, Robert // New Statesman;11/07/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4359, p21
Argues that the British government can win a referendum on the issue of the single European currency. Differences of a referendum from opinion polls; Classification of the European currency as an `image-issue'.