N.Y. Gov. Pataki, facing re-election, gives his state a big thumbs up
- Is Pataki on shaky ground?. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;9/16/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p9
Focuses on the status of political candidate, George Pataki in the gubernatorial election in New York. Efforts of political adviser, Dennis Rivera to register Hispanic voters in the Independence Party; Assessment on the political campaigns of Pataki; Occurrence of negative advertisement against...
- Gov's presence raises eyebrows. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;10/24/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 43, p41
Analyzes the reason why Governor George Pataki was present in Harlem to commit $5 million in state funds for the West Harlem Master Plan project just two weeks before the gubernatorial elections in New York City. Assembly member Adam Powell IV 's explanation regarding the issue; Pataki's...
- Is George a Teflon governor? Does Rudy yearn for higher office? Will Sue keep her district? Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/18/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the winning of governor George Pataki during the gubernatorial election in New York. Political party of Pataki; Selection of site for the Hudson River Institute; Development of the economy in the county.
- Inch by inch, Pataki gains ground. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/24/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 22, p51A
Focuses on the candidacy of governor George Pataki in New York. Control of the Democrats on the New York Congressional delegation; Trip of Pataki to Puerto Rico to oppose the naval bombing on Viequez Island; Expectation on the governor to get the endorsement of unions.
- Who's like Rudy: Vallone or Pataki? // Crain's New York Business;11/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p8
Opinion. Focuses on a statement which Democrat Peter Vallone made at the Crain's New York Business forum, comparing the Republican 1998 election candidate for governor of New York City, George Pataki to Rudy Giuliani. Plans by Vallone to announce his campaign for governor; What impact...
- Golisano as political as those he scorns. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/25/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 45, p51A
Focuses on campaign of the businessman, Tom Golisano for the election of the governor of New York as of October 25, 2002. Features of the campaign; Amount of money spent by Golisano on the campaign; Issues raised by Golisano to criticize the present governor of New York, George Pataki.
- Governor's race has turned into yawner. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/25/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 45, p51A
Focuses on the political campaigns for the election of governor of New York State as of October 25, 2002. Methods used by the political leaders for promoting their campaigns in previous New York State elections; Issues raised by the businessman Tom Golisano to criticize present governor, George...
- Vallone wins the city; Pataki takes the state. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;11/05/98, Vol. 89 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the reelection of George Pataki as governor of New York State in the 1998 general election. Percentage of the votes garnered; Highlights of his acceptance speech; Accomplishments during his first term; Reasons why Democrat candidate Peter Vallone lost the elections.
- Caribbeans played a role. Pryce, Vinette K. // New York Amsterdam News;11/7/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 45, p14
Discusses the role of the Caribbean nationals in elections for New York's governor with their support to the Republican candidate George Pataki. Other communities who supported Pataki; Factors that attributed to the failure of the Democratic Party's candidate H. Carl McCall; Statements given by...