Massachusetts treasurer, `Big Dig' brass exchange barbs over project funding
- Colorado lawmakers balk at idea of using debt for highway spending. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p2
No abstract available.
- Faced with crumbling freeways, Iowa reconsiders issuing bonds. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p3
No abstract available.
- Arizona DOT Plans $190 Million, Mostly New-Money Deal for Highways. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p32
Reports the issuance of revenue bonds to raise money in covering the costs of the ongoing highway projects by the Arizona Department of Transportation. Lead underwriter of the project; Sources of funds for the highway revenue bonds; Uses of the money for capacity enhancement of the state.
- South Carolina speeds up its new road-financing program. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;07/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30444, p3
Reports on South Carolina's plan to issue bonds for various road projects. Estimated amount of the road bonds; Key financing tools developed by state Department of Transportation leaders and lawmakers; Estimated amount of bonds to be sold by the infrastructure bank; Joint Bond Review...
- Bigelow Gulch project planned. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/17/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p2
Reports on Spokane County, Washington's plans to issue bonds to help fund improvements to Bigelow Gulch Road.
- Alabama Highway Authority to Issue $200 Million of Garvees. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p3
Reports on the issuance of bonds by the Alabama Federal Aid Highway Finance Authority. Purpose for the issuance of bonds; Progress in replacing county bridges; Sale of debt.
- New Texas agency to help localities fund road projects. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p1
Reports on the objectives of the North Texas Tollway Authority. Bond sales of the Texas Turnpike Authority, which has been abolished, from 1977 and 1997; Projects of the new agency; Plans for the cities of Grand Prairie, Plano and Austin.
- Harris County, Tex., Execs Are Eyeing a Bond Vote for Roads. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p1
Reports the suggestion of Harris County commissioners to solicit public support for a bond referendum in Texas. Aim of financing the construction of roads and bridges; Possibility of building the projects without tax increases; Impact of population growth.
- Toll Tug-of-War in South Carolina. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p1
The article reports on the argument between South Carolina investors and the state over who will receive a bigger share of revenue from bankrupt bond-funded toll road outside Greenville.