Reno's gaming industry feels the pinch as competition sprouts all around
- Economy taxing enough, a gaming tax study says. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;04/02/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p8
Discusses the relationship between the growth in the gaming industry and the local economy in Nevada. Factors attributing to the statewide decline in gaming revenues; Overview on fiscal policy difficulties experienced by the state government during the past few years; Prediction that the state...
- ECONOMY. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/12/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 28, pP19
The article reports on developments in the economic conditions in Nevada in May 2010, including the decline in gaming win, increase in manufacturing activity, and the reduction in the level of consumer confidence.
- Economic diversity again a topic of discussion. O'Reiley, Tim // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/1/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 31, pP13
The article discusses the efforts of the state of Nevada in diversifying its economy which relies heavily on gaming, tourism and construction.
- Job growth may be a misnomer in Las Vegas. // Las Vegas Business Press;6/2/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p4
Editorial. Comments on the economic diversification efforts of the Nevada Development Authority. Volatility of the local economy; Impact of the megaresort explosion on the economy; Decrease of the gaming revenue.
- 1999 UNLV economic outlook: slowing but growing. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;12/21/98, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p1
Presents an overall economic forecast for Southern Nevada in 1999. Assessment by the Center for Business and Economic Research at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV); Gambling revenue growth; Need for the region to widen its economic base beyond gaming and construction; Problem with...
- ECONOMY. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/20/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 38, pP22
The article discusses developments concerning the economy of Nevada as of July 2010 including a flat year-over-year gaming revenue results caused by the decline of countywide revenue, the increase in visitation levels by 4.7 percent over the same month in 2009, and an increase in the...
- Gross gaming revenues decline. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/14/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p23
The article offers Southern Nevada economy news briefs. Clark County casinos gross gaming revenues decreased by 4 percent in February 2008. In March 2008, a total of 1,394 new foreclosures in Southern Nevada were reported which is an increase from the 67.7 percent in February 2008. University of...
- Little glimmers toward recovery. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/17/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 42, pP26
The article asserts that signs of economic recovery are present in Southern Nevada with gaming revenue in July 2011 still on the rise after three months, gaming volume strength extending to all segments of the casino floor, and visitation up at 4.3%.
- Tourism still driving Nevada job growth. Mitchell, John W. // Las Vegas Business Press;01/22/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
Deals with the role of tourism in enhancing job growth in Nevada. Increase in number of visitors in 1999; Gaming revenue report for the fiscal year ending June 2000; Decline of residential permits.