Three of a kind
- Specialty stores capture one-third of bedding purchases. // Furniture/Today;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p26
Presents data indicating that nearly one-third of all bedding purchases were made in specialty stores in 2002 and 2003. Furniture stores as leading channel for bedding purchases; Breakdown of mattress sizes purchased a specialty stores; Top bedding retailers; Figure for first-time household...
- Retail bedding research gives furniture stores key insights. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;6/2/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p34
The article presents the retail bedding research by "Furniture/Today's" which compares the differences between furniture stores and bedding specialty stores in the U.S. The research represented the views of retailers operating more than 2,000 stores. It was found that specialists promote bedding...
- Store fears more flooding. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p6
Reports on the flooding of Devon, England, furniture retailer The Pine Store. Flood alerts issued by the British Environment Agency for the rivers Axe, Otter, Clyst, Culm and Exe; Failure of a flood prevention drain to stop water from pouring in.
- Norwich. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2005, Issue 5446, p35
Features several furniture stores in Norwich, England. Type of furniture sold at Country & Eastern; Price ranges of outdoor furniture in wood and metal sold at Habitat; Selection of garden furniture sold at The Range.
- Lane opens first dedicated store in U.S. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p33
Reports on Lane Home Furnishings' opening of a store in Tupelo, Mississippi. Company's pursuit of dedicated store growth in targeted market; Total number of stores expected to open in 2003 in the U.S.; Overview of the merchandise sold at Lane stores.
- Room for improvement on the shopfloor. // Cabinet Maker;9/23/2005, Issue 5457, p19
Comments on the display area at the mezzanine floor of Homebase Inc. stores in England. Lack of accessories; Importance of the improvement in its displays; Dissimilarity in the mixture of furniture products.
- Ikea remains king of hearts and purses. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p5
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine in February 2002, which shows that Ikea is the biggest and most popular furniture retailer in Great Britain. Comparison with other retailers such as DFS, Courts and John Lewis; Percentage of consumers that prefer to shop at...
- Furniture shoppers favour stores they can trust. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p9
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine in February 2002, regarding the reputation of furniture stores in Great Britain. Ways in which shoppers see furniture stores; Consumers' rating of stores on based on reputation, convenience of location and special offers. INSET:...
- Kent's new lifestyle. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p5
Reports on the opening of the second Co-operative Homestore furniture store in Tunbridge Wells, England.