Service on a budget
- Vendors A-Z. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;2006 Buyers Guide, p6
Presents an expanded directory of specialty stores for gifts and decorations in the U.S.
- Vintage treasures. Randazzo, Steve // Victoria;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p50
Highlights the unique items sold at LouLou's Lost & Found shop in Boston, Massachusetts. History of the shop; Quality of merchandise; Types of Victorian-era pieces; Popularity of the shop's merchandise.
- Designer megastores running out of space in London boomtown. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/19/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 33, p1
Reports on proliferation of designer stores in London. Speculations on the possible impact of the boom in designer stores on the retail industry; Designers stores that have opened in London; Factors that contribute to the growth of designer stores in London.
- Ohio: A Lifestyle Hotbed. // Retail Traffic;Jun2003, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p16
Discusses a study indicating that Ohio will be home to 17 percent of the 2003 to 2004 batch of new lifestyle centers. Lifestyle centers operating in the town; Distribution of lifestyle centers in the state.
- Foster crowns Asprey portfolio. // Design Week;5/13/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the opening of a luxury goods store by Asprey in London, England.
- Pleasant ridge. // Cincinnati;Mar2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p18
Features several specialty stores in Pleasant Ridge, Cincinnati, Ohio that offer unusual products for sale. The Dubliner; Everybody's Records; Queen City Comic and Card Co.; Architectural Art Glass Studio.
- Small starts in big malls. Padgett, Tania // Black Enterprise;Sep96, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p73
Reports on the growth of Afro-American-owned specialty retail stores like pushcarts and kiosks in malls in the United States. Difference in the licensing; Considerations in entering the business; Advantage of pushcarts for people with no retail experience.
- Apparel boosts September sales. // Chain Store Age;Dec96, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p192
Reports on the increase in sales at regional mall specialty stores in the United States in September, 1996, according to the International Council of Shopping Centers' Monthly Mall Merchandise Index. Strong performance of apparel and accessories; Poor performance of the food service industry.
- Specialty watch. // Discount Store News;11/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p6
Presents news and information concerning specialty retailing in the United States. Includes appointment of William Cappiello as president and chief merchandising officer of the Sports Authority; Barnes & Noble's decision to intensify its online book retailing; Opening of Crate & Barrel's...