- Five stars for safety. // Cabinet Maker;08/20/99, Issue 5151, p3
Features the British Safety Council's Five Star safety award given to flatpack furniture firm Gower Furniture.
- Indirect online sales. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p6
The article reports that manufacturer Montague Gower Furniture has launched an e-commerce Web site to help its retailers fight the impact of Internet traders in Great Britain. Once an online order has been made a confirmation is sent to the end customer and their nearest retailer. Information...
- Windows of opportunity. Gower, Simon // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2007, Issue 5561, p47
An interview with Montague Gower Furniture sales director Simon Gower in Great Britain is presented. Gower explains how he got into the furniture business. He also enumerates the activities that he usually does during his spare time. Lastly, he shares some of the factors that he loves and hates...
- More pedal power for charities. // Cabinet Maker;4/22/2005, Issue 5435, p35
Reports on the involvement of Gower Furniture Chairman Richard Reynolds in raising funds for the Caldecott Foundation and the Community Foundation for Calderdale in England.
- Sell it off buy it back. Prince, Dominic // Management Today;Oct2004, p56
This article presents information on common practices used by businessmen. Some entrepreneurs sell their company, watch it decline and buy it back, usually at a knockdown price â€” but it's not always about the money. Richard Branson did it when he floated Virgin in the 1980s and then took...
- I knew somebody would sell it back. Smallbone, Charlie // Management Today;Oct2004, p61
This article presents the profile of businessman Charlie Smallbone. Bearded, with an open-neck shirt and a diffident manner, Charlie Smallbone could quite easily have been a hippie. He started the business, Smallbone of Devizes, in 1976, and between 1979 and 1981 hopelessly overtraded until...
- CFMA installs 2001 board, honors four. // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p24
No abstract available.
- More case goods than usual introduced in Tupelo. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p18
Describes the furniture industry in Tupelo, Mississippi. Display of furnitures by wood companies previously introduced in San Francisco or High Point; Opportunities for retailers to offer feedbacks on products; Impact of the West Coast dock shutdown to the furniture industry.
- CAMPION A. PLATTS MOVEABLE FEAST. // Architectural Digest;Apr2002, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p46
Features Campion A. Platt Architects, a furniture store in New York City. Product lines; Information on its owner; Inclusions in its Campaign Collection of furniture.