Tillett to stay on as Virginia finance secretary
- Fulton Day, Jamestown. Twain, Mark // Entire Works of Mark Twain Collected;3/1/2006, p3996
This speech was delivered September 23, 1907. Mr. Clemens was introduced by Lieutenant-Governor Ellyson of Virginia.
- Richard La Pointe. M.G. // State Government News;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, pXII
Focuses on Richard La Pointe, Virginia superintendent of public instruction. Achievements in career in education; Stress given on educational accountability; Academic degrees; family life.
- Jinks to head Alexandria, Va., agencies. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30599, p32
Reports that Mark Jinks, director of Arlington County, Virginia's finance department, will take over five government agencies for the neighboring city of Alexandria. Broader management responsibilities; Difference between the county's and city's bond programs.
- Virginia agency picks state treasurer for top spot. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30608, p4
Reports on Virginia Treasurer Susan Dewey's appointment as executive director of the state Housing Development Authority. Dewey's previous position in the agency; Dewey's plans for the agency's housing programs; Dewey's credentials.
- Fit for Session. Ali, Ann // State Journal (WV);2/17/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the initiatives of West Virginian Delegates John Ellem, Richard Iaquinta, and Meshea Poore to find time for exercise and fitness classes despite their busy schedules to improve their health and work.
- Tillett to Quit as Virginia's Finance Secretary, Join Morgan Keegan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p5
Reports the resignation of Virginia Finance Secretary Ronald L. Tillett. Plans of Tillett to take the position as managing director of public finance in Morgan Keegan & Co.; Commendation of Tillett's past employees; Creation of the financial model used by the Virginia Resources Authority.
- VIRGINIA GOVERNOR CALLS FOR ACTION ON DIGITAL DIVIDE. // Black Issues in Higher Education;09/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p43
Focuses on the actions taken by Virginia Governor James S. Gilmore III to establish a Digital Dominion that will make the opportunities of the Internet available to every citizen. Impact of the information technology on the state.
- James Gilmore. Shattuck, Jessica // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p19
Reports on New York City Police Department's barricading of a crime-infested block of West 159th Street in Washington Heights. Saturation of the area with police officers; Protest of Detective James Gilmore.
- Virginia rejects fee hike. Brown, Bob // Waste News;05/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the rejection of a measure supported by state lawmakers by Virginia governor James Gilmore that would boost the state's trash disposal fee per ton. Reason for fee increase proposal; Reason for veto of bill by Gilmore.