Eaton's sentencing delayed in Lazard case
- Lazard, Stephens ex-officials charged with fraud by SEC. McKenna, Jon; McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/21/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30278, p1
Reports on the US Securities & Exchange Commission's (SEC) charges against two former Lazard Freres & Co. and a former Stephens Inc. vice president in the wake of a two-year pay-to-play investigation into early 1990s bond deals in Georgia and Florida. Federal securities laws allegedly violated...
- Court grants stay in SEC civil suit; criminal fraud trial will proceed. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;08/06/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30451, p3
Reports on United States District Court Judge Willis Hunt's agreement to let the Securities and Exchange Commission postpone its civic securities fraud case against former Lazard Freres & Co. and Stephens Inc. bankers until after their criminal prosecution. Background on the securities fraud...
- Lazard Freres services high end with discretion and financing acumen. Frantz, James B. // National Real Estate Investor;Oct93, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p125
Profiles Lazard Freres & Co. Low-profile approach; Accomplishments; Services; Reliance on human capital to raise capital; History of involvement in real estate investment; Creation of Corporate Property Investors (CPI); Concentration on three major growth areas.
- Lazard's new plan. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;4/8/96, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p42
Reports on the creation of a system of sharing profits by Lazard Freres and Company and its two international counterparts. Names of counterparts; Reasons for the system; When system is expected to take effect.
- Lazard seeks L.A. settlement. Furman, Phyllis // Crain's New York Business;1/29/96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Reports that Lazard Freres & Co. and the Los Angeles County are in negotiations to resolve a controversy over whether the New York firm in fact overcharged the California municipality for government securities.
- Lazard Freres Launches Buy-Side Distressed Fund. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/8/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p5
Reports on a buy-side distressed fund launched by Lazard Freres in 2001. Co-portfolio managers who will lead the fund; Estimated amount in which the fund was launched with; Bankrupt companies that the firm is advising on.
- Lazard's Prometheus: Burning Konover Minority Holders? Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the plan of Lazard Freres' Prometheus Southeast Retail trust to acquire Konover Property Trust Inc.
- Lazard's top California banker returns to NYC. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/14/97, Vol. 63 Issue 28, p7
Details the decision of William Loomis to return to New York, New York after spearheading Lazard Freres & Co.'s efforts to build a West Coast operation. Services offered by the company's San Francisco office; Career highlights.
- Lazard mulls the raising of two new private equity funds. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p5
States that Lazard Freres and Company's top executives are considering raising two private equity funds, but they need to find a top merchant banker first. What the funds are; Purpose of the equity funds; Reason merchant banker is needed.