Once again, an Indiana judge rules state property tax unconstitutional
- Texas County Weighs 21% Tax Hike to Help Pay Jail Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p28
Reports on the plan of Williamson County, Texas to increase property taxes. Amount of certificates of obligation issued by the county; Expansion of the county jail; Opposition to the tax increase; Percentage increase in county revenues if the tax increase is approved.
- OKLAHOMA: Ceiling or Floor? Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p29
Reports on the finalization of a proposal for a constitutional amendment to limit annual increases in property taxes by the state representative Russ Roach, Democrat of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Provisions made under the proposal; Percentage increase in the tax bills of the state counties every year.
- New York City to Raise Property Tax, Cut Spending to Close 2003 Deficit. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p5
Reports that New York City, New York will raise property tax and cut public spending to close its budgetary deficit for the fiscal year 2003. Expected approval of a property tax increase by the city council; Amount to be cut on public spending in the budget; Additional revenue to be generated...
- Appendix B. Tabulation of comparable responses. // Journal of Property Tax Assessment & Administration;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p48
The article presents the lists of comparable responses of the tax assessment of U.S. and Canada in the 2009 issue of "Journal of Property Tax Assessment & Administration" are presented.
- Property value judgments. Livington, Abby // Crain's Small Business -- New York / Westchester;Sep96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, pW1
Reports that pending state legislation in New york could worsen tax burden for small property owners. Creation of three separate tax rates; Problems on the multiclass tax system.
- Chicago area's largest property tax bills. // Crain's Chicago Business;1996 Top Business Lists, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p145
Presents statistical information on the largest property tax bills in the Chicago area ranked by total tax billed.
- Time to overcome funding disparity for K-12 education. Lane, Marc J. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/14/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
The article presents the author's views on revamping property tax system of the U.S.
- Largest property taxpayers. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/05/98, Issue 322247, p14
Presents a ranking of property taxpayers in Fresno, Tulare and Kings Counties, California based on total property tax levied in 1996-97. Name of company; Gross assessed value; Net taxable value; Business description; Contact information.
- Largest property taxpayers. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p73
Lists the largest property taxpayers in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by total property tax levied in 1996-1997. Includes Pacific Gas & Electric Co.; Southern California Edison Co.; Pacific Bell.
- A case for restructuring the Indiana property tax. Ryan, Earl M. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/30/94, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p7A
Suggests the need for reform of Indiana's property tax system. Evaluation of Indiana's tax system; Nature of property taxes; Property tax assessment in Indiana.