The World of Lyndon B. Johnson
- THE MONTH IN CONGRESS--President Outlines Legislative Proposals. // Congressional Digest;Feb67, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p33
Presents excerpts of President Johnson's State of the Union Address to the 90th Congress of the U.S. Poverty problem; Federal-state relations; Child development.
- Politics 1968. Johnson, Lyndon B. // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/1/68, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p162
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, on December 12, 1967, which deals with politics in 1968.
- Truth and Power. Morgenthau, Hans J. // New Republic;11/26/66, Vol. 155 Issue 22, p8
Analyzes the relations between U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson and the intellectual community and examines the role of truth and power in the separation of the intellectual from the politician. Actions taken by the president to establish closer ties with the intellectual community;...
- Loyalty Everlasting. Ehrenhalt, Alan // Governing;Feb2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Presents an article about the role of loyalty and obligation in politics. Strategy used by former Illinois politician Jacob Arvey for amassing political influence; Examples of feudal values practiced by Lyndon B. Johnson as a member of the U.S. Congress; Change in the manifestation of feudal...
- Homer Marcum calls it quits. // Columbia Journalism Review;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p48
Discusses the plan of "Martin Countian" editor and publisher Lyndon Johnson of Kentucky to resign from work. Commitment to fight war against poverty; Harassment received by the newspaper after publishing controversial political issues; Financial status of the publication.
- Voting Rites. Sweany, Brian D. // Texas Monthly;Mar2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p62
Provides background information on the Voting Rights Act of 1965 in the United States (US). Role played by Lyndon Johnson, former vice president of the US, in the legislation of the Act; Impact of the Act on the 2000 presidential election in the United States; Information on several racism...
- T.R.B. from Washington. // New Republic;9/19/64, Vol. 151 Issue 12, p2
Comments on political and social issues involving the U.S. and other countries around the world as of September 1964. Possible economic danger of the victory of Lyndon Johnson as president of the U.S.; State of U.S. relations with Russia; Forecast of Raymond Ewell, vice president for research at...
- T. R. B. from Washington. // New Republic;11/12/66, Vol. 155 Issue 20, p4
Comments on various political issues in the U.S. as of November 1966. Announcement made by U.S. President Lyndon Johnson to the press on November 3, 1966 that he was having surgical operations; Reaction of the reporters to the announcement; Speculation on Johnson's control of the Congress after...
- HOW'S YOUR POLITICAL I.Q.? // Human Events;12/8/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 42, p10
Presents questions and answers about politics. Number of U.S. presidents who have been victims of gunmen; Last major U.S. officeholder assassinated; Place where Lyndon Johnson took the oath of office.