THE NEW OLD DAYS
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/18/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p15
Presents charts related to bank mergers and acquisitions in the U.S. as of August 11, 2003.
- Bank mergers seen stirring new divestitures of mortgage banking assets. Ratner, Juliana // American Banker;10/28/96 Supplement, Vol. 161, p18
Reports on forecasts indicating the continuation of consolidation trends in mortgage banking in the United States. Catalysts driving the current merger and acquisition; Volatility in the mortgage industry; Merger activity among commercial banks.
- What lies behind the bank merger and acquisition frenzy? Spiegel, John W.; Gart, Alan // Business Economics;Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p47
Discusses the factors contributory to the growing trend towards bank merger and acquisition. Resulting increase in banking stock prices; Interstate banking bill; Lack of revenue opportunities; Anticipation of difficulty in credit quality difficulties; Cost-cutting; Shareholder impact; Pricing...
- Mergers give marketers chance to lead. Cropper, Janet // Bank Marketing;Mar1998, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on the role of marketers in shifting the focus of bank mergers from the uncertainty into opportunity. Advantage and disadvantage of mergers for banks and employees; How a merger can be a cataclysmic event that forces the organization to examine itself; Concerns of customers when a bank...
- Would bigger banks be better? Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Dec96, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p52
Focuses on the issue of bigger banks in Canada by mergers or acquisitions. Pressure to liberalize regulations regarding mergers or acquisition by foreign banks; Decline of Canadian banking institutions; Doubts on the benefits of bigger and foreign ownership of domestic banks; Limitation of...
- Bank mergers and acquisitions. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p17
Presents bank mergers and acquisitions in the United States as of May 1996. Bank assets acquired; Distribution of commercial bank mergers and acquisitions across the nation; Ongoing consolidation due to state regulatory changes; Attractiveness of interstate branching; Effect of consolidation on...
- Staff studies. Rhoades, Stephen A. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jul94, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p589
Summarizes merger performance studies in banking of the Federal Reserve System from 1980 to 1993. Assessment of operating performance and event study methodologies; Lack of gains in efficiency.
- Statements to the Congress. Yellen, Janet L. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Dec95, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p1093
Discusses issues related to mergers among United States banking organizations. Prognosis concerning the ongoing consolidation of the US banking system; Primary objective of public policy in the realm of banking; Public policy and other implications of bank mergers; Brief description of the...
- Staff studies. Rhoades, Stephen A. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Feb96, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p129
Presents a summary of the findings in the study `Bank Mergers and Industrywide Structure, 1980-94,' by Stephen A. Rhoades. Data on bank mergers during the period; Decline in the number of banks; Growth in the number of banking offices and automated teller machines.
- Statements to the Congress. Meyer, Laurence H. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jun98, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p438
Presents the speech given by a member of the Board of Governors of the US Federal Reserve System before the US Congress' Committee on Banking and Financial Services on April 29, 1998. Discussion of issues relevant to mergers of banking organizations; Estimated number of bank mergers since 1980;...