Vive La Difference: Big Money Goes to Paris
- Resale of 3G given a 'oui'. // Utility Week;1/31/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the plan of French government to allow telecommunication operators in the country to buy and sell third-generation licenses that could aid France Telecom company. Refusal of the government to transfer licenses and impose conditions under the French draft proposals; View of France...
- Test achieves terabit performance. // Wire Journal International;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p26
Reports that the telecommunications company Alcatel, together with France Telecom and Deutsche Telekom, completed a successful field trial achieving a Terabit per second transmission over an existing fiber link in France Telecom's network. Holding of the trial under the framework of the TOPRATE...
- Gallic cable deal nearer. Klaussmann, Liza // Daily Variety;5/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 29, p5
Reports on the selection of final buyers for combined cable assets of Canal Plus Group and France Telecom in Paris.
- FdR sells assets to telecom giant. Handy, Russell // EuroProperty;6/2/2008, p8
The article reports on the sale of the 58 assets of property company FonciÃ¨re des Regions (FdR) to France Telecom SA for 231.5 million euro. The companies agreed to sell 155 assets, thus, the remaining 97 assets are still to be transferred. France Telecom has also purchased Italian company...
- The fall and rise of France Telecom. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Oct2003, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the business performance of France Telecom SA. Company's debt; Annual saving; Decline in fixed telephony revenue; Mobile competition; Number of broadband subscribers.
- France Telecom Launches `All-in-One' Flat Rate. // Worldwide Telecom;Dec99, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p3
Reports that France Telecom is expanding its Wanadoo suite of Internet access solutions with all-in-one subscription plans, offering flat rates in Internet connection and call costs.
- France launches ATM service. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan95, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the launching of local area network, Transrel ATM, by France Telecom based on asynchronous transfer mode (ATM).
- France Telecom intros prepaid SIM. // RCR;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p42
Reports the launch of a prepaid cellular Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) device called Mobicarte, by France Telecom Mobiles. Cost of the Mobicarte kit; Details on the insertion of the SIM card into cellular phones; Features of the card; Use of the SIM service on a Global System for Mobile...
- France Telecom liquidity struggle to spawn ABS? // Asset Securitization Report;7/15/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 28, p18
Reports on the need for France Telecom to refinance its debt in 2003. Dependence on access to capital markets; Asset-backed security background of the company.