Banks Salivate: Over Morgan Coup
- Analysts Questioning JPM Chase's Role in Microsoft Price Drop. // American Banker;12/9/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 235, p28
Focuses on the suggestion that J. P. Morgan Chase & Co. had a motive to knock down Microsoft Corp.'s share price. Background on JPM having the opportunity to buy stock options from Microsoft's employees; Comment of Bob Austrian, an independent software analyst, about the potential conflict;...
- JPMorgan Aims to Trim Ties to Foreign Banks. Steinberg, Julie; Fitzpatrick, Dan // Banking Strategies Daily;8/26/2013, p3
The article reports on the consideration of banking company JPMorgan Chase & Co. to reduce its dealings with banks outside the U.S. as it attempts to lessen risk and shore up controls in a period of increased regulatory scrutiny in 2013.
- OPTIONS: TRASH TO TREASURE. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;1/12/2004, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p38
Reports that J.P. Morgan Chase has struck a deal to buy underwater options from Microsoft employees. Report that more than half of Microsoft's employees cashed in; Details of the bank's plans to turn this novel deal into an ongoing business niche; Speculation about what companies may be...
- Chase in Cobrand Deal with Vivendi Unit. Kingson, Jennifer A. // American Banker;12/6/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 233, p20
Reports that the credit card unit of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. has signed a cobranding deal with Vivendi's Universal Entertainment. Conditions of the deal.
- Dimon Gets Special JPM Options Award. // American Banker;1/23/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 15, p2
The author reports that James Dimon, the chief executive of JPMorgan Chase & Co., has been awarded two million stock options by the company in recognition of his leadership. According to the article, this is the first time that Dimon has been awarded stock options by JPMorgan. Stipulations which...
- Calling for Gut Check, Morgan Chase Chief Seeks to Cut Options. JULAVITS, ROBERT // American Banker;12/30/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 248, p20
Reports that J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.'s chairman and chief executive, William B. Harrison, has suggested the company's value-sharing program to reduce stock options for employees. Reasons cited by Harrison for the reduction; Involvement of the company in a lawsuit to recover its loss from Enron...
- Microsoft, Chase fuel ad shop's growth spurt: Local firm expanding work force, offices. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/15/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 33, pA1
The article reports on the plan of Indianapolis, Indiana-based advertising agency Bradley & Montgomery to increase its labor force in 2012. It says that the move is triggered by the agency's good relationships with Microsoft Corp. and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. It notes that Bradley & Montgomery...
- Q3 Didn't Rock, But Will Q4 Stage a Comeback? Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;10/8/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p1
The article reports on the condition of the bond market in the U.S. The market appears to be plotting a comeback from a drastic view, but it has yet to be determined if it will be able to execute the kind of needed turnaround. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has few underwritten deals price in the third...
- M&A in the New Year: Poised To Grow? Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the mergers and acquisitions activity in the U.S., as of January 10, 2005. Forecast on the increase of mergers and acquisitions activity; Number of deals formed in the U.S. in 2003; Plan of JPMorgan Chase & Co. to buy Bank One Corp.