Millennium Bleeds, Thanks to Goldman's Bungled Convert
- Millennium Seeks Top Spot at Biopharma. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/10/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 22, p2
Focuses on the agreement of Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc. to acquire COR Therapeutics Inc. in a stock-for-stock exchange. Significance of the merger; Reactions of the industry to the deal.
- Pharmaceutical Deal Multiples: On the Rise. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/21/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry in the United States as of January 21, 2002. Stock acquisition of Duramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. by Barr Laboratories Inc.; Plans of Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc. to purchase COR Therapeutics Inc.; Acquisition of Rexall Sundown...
- CONVERTIBLE PREFERRED STOCK STRATEGIES. Hylton, Richard D. // Fortune;9/18/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p240
Informs that using convertible preferred stocks is the way that big-time investors such as Warren Buffett cut deals which give them income while waiting for stock bets to pay off. Convertible preferred shares as the ultimate hybrid; A basic definition of the convertible market; Reasons why small...
- Cruising for convertibles. Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Mar1999, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p58
Reveals the companies that offer attractive convertible mutual funds as of March 1999. Benefit from purchasing undervalued bonds; Purpose of the bond in the event of hostile takeover; Suggestions on buying a convertible fund.
- Convertible preferred. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/26/98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p23
Presents a ranking of investment banks in the United States based on the volume of convertible preferred shares they managed in 1997.
- The value of convertible preferred stock in transactions with 'Relationship investors' like Warren Buffett. MURPHY,, AUSTIN; KLEIMAN,, ROBERT; NATHAN, KEVIN // International Review of Financial Analysis;1997, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p241
Reports that a fair deal was created between relationship investors and the corporation that issue them special convertible preferred stock. Statistical significant evidence of economic value being created in the aggregate as a result of relationship investments; Details on the convertible...
- Characteristics of firms that issue convertible debt versus convertible preferred stock. Lee, Hei Wai; Figlewicz, Raymond E. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Winter99, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p547
This study examines the characteristics of firms that issue convertible debt versus firms that issue convertible preferred stock. The findings are consistent with the agency, information asymmetry, optimal capital structure, financial distress, and tax benefits hypotheses. The findings also...
- An analysis of dividend enhanced convertible stocks. Chen, Andrew H.Y.; Chen, K.C. // International Review of Economics & Finance;1999, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p327
Dividend enhanced convertible stocks (DECS) represent redeemable convertible preferred stocks mandated to convert in four years. DECS are designed to meet the needs of income-oriented investors, who give up some upside capital appreciation potential over four years in exchange for enhanced...
- Valuation effects of convertible security calls: An update. Byrd, Anthony K.; Moore, William T. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring94, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
Attempts to interpret what is known about firm valuation effects of firms decisions to call, hence force conversion of in-the-money convertible bonds and preferred stocks. Previous research; Definition of the topic; Calls of convertible bonds; Calls of convertible preferred stocks; Sample...