Are you planning for the minimum wage?
- Federal Minimum Hourly Wage Rates Since 1950. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p150
No abstract available.
- The region: Thailand. // Asian Business Review;Oct96, p15
Presents business and politics-related news items for the month of November 1996, in and around Thailand. Includes outgoing prime minister Banharn's call for a snap election on November 17, 1996; Rise in the minimum wage.
- The art of killing with kindness. Collins, Jerry // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/12/94, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p25
States that the British Columbia official minimum wage will surpass Ontario's nation-leading base rate of $6.70 an hour and leave Alberta's $5 rate in the dust. British Columbia's Labor Minister's claim that the legislation is a matter of fairness; What many economists and businessmen say...
- Corrections always come too late. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;08/07/96, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p28
Opinion. Comments on the minimum wage situation in New Jersey. Increase in employment in New Jersey's fastfood stores; Details on studies conducted on minimum wage in the state.
- Most pan wage hike idea. Harrison, Kimberly P.; Mooney, Barbara // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/30/95, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the Cleveland-area businesses' dissatisfaction with United States President Bill Clinton's proposal for an increase in minimum wage. Effects of wage increases on small businesses; Upward pressure on wage rates overall.
- The minimum wage. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p13
Presents minimum wage trends in the United States as of May 1996. Federal minimum and real wage rates; Minimum wage workers by age; Minimum wage workers by sex and marital status; Indications of a reduction in employment with a hike in the minimum wage; Positive and negative effects of the...
- Minimum wages, maximum confusion. Sowell, Thomas // Headway;Jun96, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p20
Comments on the attitudes of the Democrats and Republicans on the minimum wage issue in the United States. Confusions on the concept of the minimum wage; Desire of labor unions to increase the minimum wage.
- Minimum wage, maximum folly. Faris, Jack // Las Vegas Business Press;3/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p5
Comments on the proposed increase in the minimum wage in the U.S. Revival of the economy; Laws on supply and demand; Imposition of politically-motivated government mandate.
- Nevada average hourly wages. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p3
Compares the minimum hourly wage of mining, construction, manufacturing and retail occupations in Nevada in May 1996 and May 1997.
- Washington's next obsession: The minimum wage. Andelman, David A. // Management Review;Aug94, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the issue of minimum wage. President Bill Clinton's commitment on minimum wage; Delay in decision for an increase; Effects on employment; Defensive measures by business.