Lights and cameras set stage for team training
- BBC screens expose of working in engineering. // Electronics Weekly;3/20/2002, Issue 2044, p8
Focuses on the screening of a series of programs by BBC covering a variety of aspects under the title of 'Working in Engineering.' Aim of the programs; Involvement of the National Training Organizations in the programs.
- BBC integrity course highlights a lack of honesty seeping through the nation. Murray, Iain // Marketing Week;8/2/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p62
The author reflects on the integrity course offered to BBC's (British Broadcasting Corp.) staff and employees for credibility enhancement in Great Britain. He assesses the numerous cases of incredibility advertised and showed over the viewing public that resulted on implementing re-education...
- BBC encourages new recruits to pitch telly ideas. // Personnel Today;8/5/2003, p4
A revamped induction scheme is giving new staff at the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) the opportunity to develop the broadcaster's next wave of television programs. The BBC's head of training, Nigel Paine, said the induction program, Upfront, gives staff the opportunity to try their hand at...
- A policy for editorial. Simnett, Rachel // e.learning age;May2005, p28
Explores the use of Learner Centered Design (LCD), an online training program developed by British Broadcasting Corp., in responding to a compliance requirement in editorial policy training of the company. Aim of the program; Profile of the audience for the training course; Approaches used in...
- BBC plans to 'nurture' its leaders. // People Management;5/29/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the plans of BBC to put its managers in a leadership program as of May 2003. Reason behind the plans; Number of staff which would be put in the leadership program; Objectives of the program.
- Training. // People Management;5/14/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p14
Presents information on several issues concerning trainings of employees. Computer training offered by BBC; Call for hospitality standards for hospitality managers.
- Leading the way. Kent, Simon // Personnel Today;9/28/2004, p31
This article focuses on the leadership training programme at the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC). Publicly funded with around 90 per cent of British population using its services every week, the BBC delivers information, entertainment and education through audio, visual and text-based media....
- BBC takes multiplatfrom production to the next level. Pennington, Adrian // TVB Europe;Apr2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p46
The article presents a case study of British Broadcasting Corp.'s Digital Media Initiative (DMI). The company adopted the protocol to efficiently promote its business strategy and projects which include the Media City development in Salford, England. The program aims to transform skills,...
- People chief attacks BBC for stifling creative talent. // Personnel Today;6/29/2004, p6
The British Broadcasting Corp., (BBC) takes the best of the best and then drains the spark out of them, according to Nigel Paine, head of people development at the BBC. Paine, speaking at the Training Insight Conference, launched a stinging attack on how the BBC treats new staff after an...