What history can teach us about team-building
- Building a successful team. Cleese, John // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p10
Identifies nine different roles in a work group. Coordinator; Resource investigator; Monitor evaluator; Implementer; Completer-finisher; Specialist.
- Team work. // Career World;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the views of employers that it is poor team player skills that is most likely to hurt a person's chances of getting ahead in the workplace. Predominance of greater emphasis on teamwork and a sense of community; Better chances of promotion for people who can work well in a group and...
- Work teams grow popular, but how do you pay them? // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 18 Issue 102, p26
Focuses on work team-based pay issues. Contributing factor to team performance shortfalls in 1996; Evolution of an overall approach to team pay.
- Team style technical training and workforce effectiveness. Eason, Leonard A. // Economic Development Review;Winter92, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p80
Discusses team style technical training and workforce effectiveness in the United States. Obtaining high levels of productivity; Need for American companies to harness the brainpower of the workforce; Skills required of employees; Need for businesses to develop better teamwork within their...
- Raising a Family the Ramada Way. Wolff, Carlo // Lodging Hospitality;Feb99, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the Personal Best program for team building at the Ramada Inn in Columbus, Indiana. Benefits of the program; Family feeling among employees; Important elements of the program; Weakness of the lodging industry in motivating line-level employees.
- Team building. // Mortgage Banking;Sep98, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p102
Examines the ability of team-building training sessions to improve teamwork within organizations. Difficulty of measuring the program's effectiveness to improve teamwork; Recommended methods of conducting team-building sessions.
- Teams: Avoiding the pitfalls. Magee, Yvonne S. // Public Management (00333611);Jul97, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p26
Discusses strategies in avoiding work group problems. Productivity; Supervisor and individual roles in work groups; Potential value for organizational and individual development; Challenges encountered in managing work groups.
- Group membership. Buhler, Patricia // Supervision;May94, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p8
Discusses information about group membership. Stages of group development; Member roles in groups; Advantages of groups; Disadvantages with working in a group.
- Do you dare to be a team? Van Auken, Phil // Supervision;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p8
Discusses four key ingredients of teamwork in industry. Includes dependency; Accountability; Reward; Empowerment.
- Winning team plays. // Supervisory Management;Jun94, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p8
Gives advice concerning winning team plays in the workplace. Sending mixed messages about teams; Keeping teams on track; Team training. INSETS: Are you ready for self-directed work teams?.;Whether pro basketball or pro management, the principles...