You cannot be serious!
- How to. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;May98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p13
Describes some ways to lighten up the workplace from time to time. Stress support kit; Contests; Fun names; Great job exchange.
- Eddie Murphy at the Helm. Adler, Ilya // Business Mexico;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p18
Discusses guidelines to improve the work environment with humor. Importance of bringing jokes into the workplace; Role of humor during organizational change; Jokes as a fundamental management tool.
- It's no laughing matter...or is it? // Management Review;Mar83, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p51
Discusses benefits to be derived by management from humor and laughter in the workplace. Enhancement of employee confidence; Studies showing that humor can relieve tension, headaches, boredom and depression.
- Humour gets things humming. HOLMES, JANET // NZ Business;Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p60
Points out the functions of humor in the New Zealand workplace. Effective strategy in managing relationships at work; Study conducted by the Language in the Workplace Project team from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand; Use of humor to build solidarity and create rapport between...
- fun at work: lessons from the fish market. Ramsey, Robert D. // Supervision;Apr2001, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p7
Discusses the fundamentals of fun in the workplace. Things that most workers admit what really turns them on and gives them joy on the job; Elements which contribute to a sense of fun at work; Ways to foster fun in the workplace.
- Working Life. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Jun99, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p72
Features several stories that happen at work. Dutch companies' supply of bicycles to their employees; Suggested fun jobs; Apprehension of an instructor while he was training police officers on how to track warrants.
- fun. // Inc.;Aug2007, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p84
The article focuses on the need for business owners to incorporate fun in their work environment. It suggests that businesses can conduct cooking classes, improve training and team drumming. It notes that fun can help employees become acculturate. It states that fun can also create meaningful...
- "This used to be a cool place to work.". Barrett, Ron // Inc.;Aug2007, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p85
The article presents a conversation between two entrepreneurs on how fun is incorporated in their workplace. An entrepreneur said that he put fake throw-up on the keyboard of one of his female employees. Another said their Christmas party will be called Winterfest Gala 2007 where vegetarian...
- 12 'must' management tips. Pollack, Irwin // Fort Worth Business Press;1/30/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
Presents suggestions in managing a business organization. Significance of humor in the work environment; Questions for job applicants; Advantages of proofreading memos, financial exhibits and documents.