You cannot be serious!
- How to. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;May98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p13
Describes some ways to lighten up the workplace from time to time. Stress support kit; Contests; Fun names; Great job exchange.
- Eddie Murphy at the Helm. Adler, Ilya // Business Mexico;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p18
Discusses guidelines to improve the work environment with humor. Importance of bringing jokes into the workplace; Role of humor during organizational change; Jokes as a fundamental management tool.
- It's no laughing matter...or is it? // Management Review;Mar83, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p51
Discusses benefits to be derived by management from humor and laughter in the workplace. Enhancement of employee confidence; Studies showing that humor can relieve tension, headaches, boredom and depression.
- Humour gets things humming. HOLMES, JANET // NZ Business;Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p60
Points out the functions of humor in the New Zealand workplace. Effective strategy in managing relationships at work; Study conducted by the Language in the Workplace Project team from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand; Use of humor to build solidarity and create rapport between...
- fun at work: lessons from the fish market. Ramsey, Robert D. // Supervision;Apr2001, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p7
Discusses the fundamentals of fun in the workplace. Things that most workers admit what really turns them on and gives them joy on the job; Elements which contribute to a sense of fun at work; Ways to foster fun in the workplace.
- Working Life. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Jun99, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p72
Features several stories that happen at work. Dutch companies' supply of bicycles to their employees; Suggested fun jobs; Apprehension of an instructor while he was training police officers on how to track warrants.
- 12 'must' management tips. Pollack, Irwin // Fort Worth Business Press;1/30/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
Presents suggestions in managing a business organization. Significance of humor in the work environment; Questions for job applicants; Advantages of proofreading memos, financial exhibits and documents.
- Handle Workplace Humor with Care. Adubato, Steve // njbiz;5/24/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p21
Answers several questions regarding the proper handling of humor in the workplace. Role of humor and laughter in communication; Ways to use humor in the workplace; Risks associated with being a comedian in public.
- motivating with humor. Buxman, Karyn // Supervision;Jul2004, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p16
Provides information on the benefits offered by a workplace that use humor in motivating employees. Solidification of a group; Improvement of productivity; Encouragement of communication within an organization.