Sink or swim
- Race of the Century. Pickthall, Barry // Yachting;Aug2005, Vol. 198 Issue 2, p62
Highlights the Rolex Transatlantic Challenge yacht race held in New York City in 2005.
- THE DAY THE FISH WON. Clemans, John // Yachting;Aug2005, Vol. 198 Issue 2, p68
Highlights the 26th annual Bertram-Hatteras Shootout yacht race held at Abaco Beach Resort in the Bahamas.
- Dance of the Superyachts. // Yachting;Jan2007, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p32
The article reports on the Superyacht Cup 2006 yacht race that took place in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
- Rolex Swan World Cup. Pickthall, Barry // Yachting;Jan2007, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p126
The article is an account of the 2006 Rolex Swan World Cup yacht race held in Porto Cervo, Sardinia.
- Finish Before Sunrise! // Yachting;Mar2008, Vol. 203 Issue 3, p30
The article provides information on the 2008 Newport to Ensenada International Yacht Race to be held on April 25, 2008 in Newport Beach, California.
- Hobart Hat Trick. // Yachting;Mar2008, Vol. 203 Issue 3, p32
The article offers information on the Rolex Sydney-Hobart Yacht Race in Australia.
- Sailing with cellular. Wetli, Patty // America's Network;2/1/95, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p10
Features the participation of America3, the all-woman syndicate and yacht racing team, in America's 1995 Cup sailing competitions. Funding by Bill Koch; Radio communications between crew members; Competition with the Dennis Conner team.
- Impact of the IOR rule. // Yachting;May84, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p82
Here is the text of a paper presented to the 1984 Westlawn Yacht Design Symposium, conducted during the NY Boat Show in Jan. A naval architect explains the Rule and its impact on offshore racing yacht design. Includes full set of specifications.
- Two years racing a maxi yacht. // Yachting;Oct85, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p66
Nirvana is the maxi ocean racer of Marvin Green. It is 81 feet of immense power. The author's husband spent two years as a member of the yacht's crew of 28 as it went from `pretty bad' to a string of firsts in races around the world.
- The Gulf Stream: make it work for you. Clark, J. // Yachting;Mar88, Vol. 174 Issue 3, p45
Discusses how Newport-to-Bermuda yacht racers and the NOAA are exchanging ocean current and temperature data. Satellite imagery; Ocean current and temperature logs; Tracking the Gulf Stream.