- How are the children? // Christian Science Monitor;3/4/97, Vol. 89 Issue 67, p20
Focuses on the Children's Action Team in West Virginia, and its goal of getting all branches of government to consider the impact which policies and programs have on children. Challenging of government's neglect of children; Parenting still seen as the most important function in the American...
- Big Brothers program provides role models for boys. Perrone, Ellen // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/4/93, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p45A
Focuses on the mission of the nonprofit organization Big Brothers to provide boys with role models. Building a relationship between a volunteer and a boy; Need for adult male guidance; Development of friendship; Referrals to the program; Screening of potential volunteers; Sponsorship of activities.
- Kid's reading club. // Jet;2/5/96, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p23
Presents new members of the AFRO-BEST Kids Club which is headquartered in East Orange, New Jersey, together with Loretta Long, educational consultant of the club.
- Kids do care! Duckworth, C.; Szafranski, K.A. // Ranger Rick;Jun92, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p4
Explains how three young girls in Montana started a group called Children for Wildlife after doing a school project about wolves. Lists projects the club has done which include building loon and boreal owl nests; How to start your own club.
- Earthsavers. // Ranger Rick;Apr98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the membership of children in Earthsavers clubs worldwide. Activities to help the environment; Example of the Mission San Jose Elementary School in California; Support from the National Wildlife Federation and Target Stores.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/18/95, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p35A
Profiles Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis. Background information on organization; Statistical information on organization's finances; Description of role of organization.
- YACWA comes of age. // Youth Studies Australia;Dec2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p58
Reports on the anniversary of the Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia celebrated at its meeting in Western Australia in 2001. Attendance of the meeting; Facts on the report 'Whose Space?' on young people; Speakers at the meeting.
- KIDS CALENDAR. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/15/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 45, p4C
A calendar of events for children in Texas in 2012 is presented including the Kyle 4H Club Meeting to be held at Kyle City Hall in Kyle on February 20, the Bilingual held every friday at the Kyle Public Library in Kyle, and the puppet show titled "Beauty and the Beast Show" to be held at the San...
- The Richard T. O'Reilly Award. // Advertising Age's Creativity;May97 Supplement, Vol. 5, pA33
Reports that the Boys & Girls Club of America were the 1997 recipient of the Richard T. O'Reilly Award, as part of the 1997 International ANDY Awards. Information on the nonprofit youth organization; Aim of the organization; What the O'Reilly Award is in recognition of.
- Cub bucks for Adrian. Baker, Whitney // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/4/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 14, p3A
The article relates the participation of members of the Boys and Girls Club of the Highland Lakes in Burnet County, Texas in a fund-raising event for a terminally ill child.