Police adopt positive policy on gay officers
- Crossing the thin blue line. Wade, Donna // Lesbian News;May96, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on police officers who are `out' lesbians, and the experiences which they encounter. Examination of experiences that lesbian officers face; Description of life for lesbians in police work; Comments from lesbian officers; Information on individual experiences of some lesbian officers;...
- Los Angeles County To Recruit Gay Deputies. Peterson, Robert W. // Advocate;3/28/89, Issue 521, p15
Reports on plans by the Los Angeles County, California, police department to increase the number of gays and lesbians in the police force. Agreement between the department and city officials in West Hollywood; Estimates on the number of gays in the police force.
- Police story. // Advocate;10/19/93, Issue 640, p18
Reports on the arrest of a policeman for stabbing his gay lover in Orange County, California. Reaction of the police department towards the case.
- Gay Cops: An Issue Getting Attention Nation-Wide. Mendenhall, George // Advocate;11/19/75, Issue 177, p14
Explores the controversy concerning the hiring of gay police officers in the U.S. Cities with policies against hiring gay police officers; Police hiring standards in Los Angeles, California; Police officers' views on the screening of gays.
- MA: Boston, MASSACHUSETTS. // Advocate;4/28/87, Issue 471, p25
Reports on the announcement of the Boston Police Department in Massachusetts that they will be actively recruiting openly gay officers.
- TEXAS. // Advocate;3/24/92, Issue 599, p34
Reports on legal challenges to Dallas, Texas city police department's ban on gay and lesbian officers.
- CAUTION AND CLOSETS IN NEW YORK. Averill, Brett // Advocate;5/14/81, Issue 317, p15
Interviews two gay police officers on homophobia in New York City. Estimation of the gay policemen in the city; Queries on sexual orientation; Job challenges faced by the peace officers.
- GAY COPS. Rothenberg, David // Advocate;9/10/75, Issue 172, p23
Focuses on gay cops. Professionalism of gay cops; Civil status of gay cops; Homophobia in the police department; Description of the lives led by gay cops; Need for gay cops to retain their anonymity.
- NEWSFRONT: MASSACHUSETTS. // Advocate;7/7/87, Issue 476, p16
Reports on the failure of the Boston, Massachusetts police force to recruit gay officers.