Self-defence for drivers
- Drive a mile in my shoes! Buzbee, Tami // NEA Today;Feb96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p17
Describes author's work as a school bus driver in Escambia County, Florida. Problem on how to handle the attitudes of children and parents; Author's comparison of her job with parenting.
- But it doesn't look like bus driving. // NEA Today;Sep93, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p43
Features the extra work rendered by school bus drivers in the middle of the work day. Work of David Torres as a carpentry teacher aide in Texas; Allison Collin's reupholstering of bus seats in Colorado.
- Kenny KLIMPLE. SHEELER, JASON // Texas Monthly;Oct2012, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p62
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a city bus driver in Austin, Texas.
- Annual `Roadeo' for school bus drivers encourages safe driving. // Curriculum Review;Nov92, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the annual countrywide `roadeo' for the school bus drivers in Virginia. Other included attraction to the local event; Purpose of the Roadeo; Events which the contestants compete; Award to the best driver.
- Newscan the Caribbean: Dominica. // North-South: The Magazine of the Americas;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p63
Reports on bus drivers' strike in the Dominican Republican in response to the government's decision to increase vehicle license fees. Violence during the strike; Declaration of state of emergency to abate further violence; Opposition United Workers' Party's support for the actions taken by the...
- Federal regs fight privatization trend. Silverstein, Kenneth // American City & County;May96, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p12
Reports on a decline in passengers, travelling by public transportation in the United States. Effects of the decline; Introduction of competition into the delivery of services; Comments by New York governor George Pataki; Statistical information from the New York State Research Council on...
- Bus driver training programs assure safe, dependable... // Curriculum Review;Oct91, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses bus driver training programs at Fairfax (Virginia) Public Schools. Sessions included on the training program; Information on the video training program offered by Influence Communications Corporation to bus drivers.
- Our 3,000-Mile Field Trip. Walters, Tanya // Guideposts;Nov2007, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p80
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working as a school bus driver.
- Driving home politeness procedures. // Personnel Today;7/16/2002, p52
Reports the issuance of politeness manuals to the Reading bus drivers in Great Britain.