Harrods bugging row opens can of worms
- Where to Shop for a New Religion. FEIN, JUDITH // Spirituality & Health;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p36
A review is offered for Museum of World Religions located at the Pacific Department Store in Yungho City, Taiwan.
- Macy's adds salt to Cellar with addition of food hall. Leder, Michelle // Crain's New York Business;10/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p18
Reports that in an effort to restore the reputation of Macy's department store as a prime source for comestibles, a wall of video monitors in the New York-based Macy's windows will broadcast 15 hours of cooking every day. Macy's hopes for broadcasting the culinary machinations of 70 on-site...
- Department stores: The big squeeze. Nannery, Matt // Chain Store Age;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p24A
Focuses on the performance of department stores in the United States in 1995. Sales; Technological developments; Market trends; Comments from industry executives.
- Bloomingdale's. // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p13RSO
Features the Bloomingdale's Department Store in Skokie, Illinois, winner of top honors in the department store category of the 1996 `Chain Store Age' Retail Store of the Year competition. Design by FRCH Design Worldwide; Materials; Ambience; Fixtures; Flooring.
- Ready for the Millennium at Century 21. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Aug99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p102
Describes the department store opened by retailer Century 21 in Westbury, New York. Concept of the facility; Interior and architectural design; Amenities.
- British retailers give parents royal treatment. Gardener, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;3/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 73, p13
Presents information on the Parents Room which is found at the Peter Jones department store on Sloane Square, London. Comments from Sara Springett, merchandise manager; Reason for the innovation of the Parents Room.
- Largest department stores in the Tucson area. Trower, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;05/18/98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p20
Lists the largest department stores in Tucson, Arizona ranked by gross square feet locally. Number of stores nationally and locally; Buying authority; Year established locally; Parent company.
- Discount stores battle each other with supercenters. Rubel, Chad // Marketing News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p1
Reports on developments on the competitions among discount department stores in United States. Wal-mart and K-Mart's use of the supercenter concept; Customer volume as a key component in department store chains that add food.
- Word Is Bond. Yaeger, Lynn // New Yorker;02/12/2001, Vol. 76 Issue 46, p18
Features the department stores located at Bond Street, Manhattan, New York City. Charms of the neighborhood; Furniture collection of Peter-Roberts; Starkness of the white room found at Ghost; Floor area of Anglo-French perfumery Creed.