Heads set for mentor experience
- Institute to Help Principals Meet New Challenges. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;1/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the plans of California's outgoing superintendent of public instruction to form a national organization that will help school districts and states to train principals. Capacity of the proposed institute; Organizations supporting the effort to open an institute; Topics to be covered...
- UP FOR A CHALLENGE? // Instructor;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the organization New Leaders for New Schools which is seeking teachers to become urban public school principals. Candidates receive training and support during the six-year program. The deadline for application at www.nlns.org is February 28, 2008.
- Year-long program provides guidance, support for new school principals. // South Carolina Business Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the objectives of the Principal Induction Program in South Carolina. Resources to assist in school management; Use of score data to improve school curriculum; Evaluation of personal leadership styles.
- Leadership craft and the crafting of school leaders. Krug, Samuel E. // Phi Delta Kappan;Nov93, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p240
Discusses the leadership role of principals in schools, their essential functions and the development of leadership. Mission definition and communication; Curriculum management and instruction; Teacher supervision; Student progress monitoring; Promotion of instructional climate; Impact of good...
- Using multimedia case simulations for professional growth... Claudet, Joseph // T H E Journal;Jun98, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p82
Presents an overview of the project activities in a case method application, called the Administrator Case Simulation (ACS) Project, for school principals in the United States. Background on the development of the project which is based in the College of Education at Texas University;...
- PRINCIPAL PREPARATION. AARONS, DAKARAI I. // Education Week;11/17/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p5
Brief information is given about the report "A New Approach to Principal Preparation: Innovative Programs Share Their Practices & Lessons Learned."
- Professional development in the real world. Galbo, Cindy // Thrust for Educational Leadership;May/Jun98, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p15
Presents information on professional development programs of the Association of California School Administrators (ACSA). Details on the Principals' Center Summer Institute which was established by ACSA; Activities of the principals; Components of the program.
- A Principal-In-Training. HARRIS, REBECCA // Education Digest;Apr2011, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p16
An excerpt is presented from an article of the same name by Rebecca Harris, which has been condensed from an article that originally appeared in the April 2010 issue of "Catalyst Chicago."
- Leadership for Excellence: Research-Based Training for Principals. Blum, Robert E.; Butler, Jocelyn A.; Olson, Nancey L. // Educational Leadership;Sep87, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on a research-based leadership training program for school principals held by the Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory, Portland, Oregon. Objective of the training program; Major contents of the program; Synthesis of research on educational leadership.