Skills scheme warning
- Tecs highlight `crisis' in jobless training scheme. Thatcher, Mike // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p12
Reports that main training program for long-term unemployed people by the British Government is in disarray and faces public discredit. Details on the leaked report from the Tec National Council about the Training for Work (TFW) program during 1995; Some problems of the program; Opinion of the...
- Beyond `skills'. Osterman, Paul; Lautsch, Brenda A. // Dollars & Sense;Nov/Dec96, Issue 208, p34
Features the Project QUEST, a job training program for the unemployed in San Antonio, Texas. Background on the project; Effect of the program on the educational community and participants' families; Lessons for further improvement.
- Employment. // Youth Studies;Feb91, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
Presents a summary of the report on the training scheme of West Australian government for unemployed people which appeared in Australian, dated December 14, 1990.
- Employment & training. Harper, Todd // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1992, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the Australian government's efforts to stop the young unemployed from claiming the government's training allowance as published in the periodical `Canberra Times' dated May 10, 1992. Criticism by Australian Democrats.
- Employment. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1993, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
States that the government plans to spend $50 million on the Landcare and Environment Action Program (LEAP) which will train young unemployed people, as reported in the January 25, 1993 issue of `Herald Sun' and the January 27, 1993 issue of `Examiner'. Provision of six months of training in...
- The demand for training by the unemployed: Israel 1989-91. Beenstock, Michael // Oxford Economic Papers;Apr97, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p273
Presents information from a paper which seeks to determine a model for the demand of government-sponsored training for the unemployed in Israel. Three variables used to determine the model; Nature of the results; How the study was carried out.
- Seasoned campaigners. Irving, Ian // People Management;03/20/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p36
Features Executive Challenge, a self-help program for unemployed professionals launched by South London Training and Enterprise Council. Aim and focus of the scheme; Stages or divisions of the program; Description of the activities in the program; Information on the experiences of the...
- Center works to put jobless on career path. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;08/03/98, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p8
Reports on a training program for the unemployed in Tucson, Arizona aimed at providing them with a career. Training offered to people with skills and good work histories; Effort to reach out to employers involved in focus groups; Other services provided by the Pima County Community Service's...
- Jobrotation. THOMSON, ALASTAIR // Adults Learning;Dec98, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p28
Discusses some issues on Jobrotation, a concept in which an unemployed person is trained to become a temporary substitute within a company for a worker who is thereby released for further training in Denmark. Effectiveness of the concept; Views of Jens-Jorgen Pedersen, director of the European...