Nurses need `ladders'
- RN'S CAREERCOUNSELOR: Strategies for nurses on the move. Glasser, Gail // RN;Jul82, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p85
Gives advice on nurses' career development. Advice on acquiring community health nursing certification; Career for nurse practitioners in a job that entails outdoor activities; Aim of refresher courses in nursing.
- I'm a nurse, because I make a difference in peoples' lives. Arndt, Brian // AHA News;12/9/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 47, p4
Presents an article on the significance of a nursing career. Factors that contributed to a person's decision to become a nurse; Ways for nurses to promote their profession; Actions that should be taken by hospitals to encourage potential nurses.
- Strategies for nurses on the move. Buckenstein, Lucille; Wiseman, Kay // RN;May82, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p93
Gives advice on nurses' career development. Employment of a nurse who has no work references; Role of a hospital director of staff development in financing continuing education programs; Salary in geriatric nursing.
- RN's CAREER COUNSELOR: Strategies to advance our career. Glasser, Gail; Roth, Judith M.; Long, Gail Capehart // RN;Jul83, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p64
Gives pieces of advice on strategies to advance nursing careers. Qualifications necessary for nurse position in a cardiac rehabilitation program; Assessment of reasons for non-promotion of nurses; Accreditation for registered nurse to become nurse-midwife.
- Nurses Surf the Net for Professional Development Opportunities. Majors, Maureen // ONS News;May2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
Discusses the efforts of nurses to develop their professional career through the Internet. Opportunities provided by Internet; Services provided by ONS Online; Need to evaluate information on the Internet.
- Nurses See Certification as Professional Development, Personal Accomplishment. Joyce, Peggy // ONS News;May2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p7
Discusses various measures of professional growth in nursing. Common paths of professional development; Advice for the challenge to fight professional stagnation.
- I made a comeback, others can too. Williams, Shirley G.; Anderson, David // RN;Jan90, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p124
Presents an article about nursing. Challenges faced in returning to work after a long time; Goal in pursuing the career; Lessons learned from the experience.
- Learning on the go. // British Dental Nurses Journal;Summer2011, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p31
The article talks about a solution for dental nurses who are making a strenuous effort in integrating essential career development into a hectic work schedule being offered by DCPBites from UCL Eastman Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as of 2011.
- If you ever need to return to nursing, here's how. Zachary, Fay Nedra; Grace, June R. // RN;Sep75, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p105
Gives advice on returning to nursing after being inactive. Assessment of goals; Inventory of experience and skills; Tips on writing a resume; Source of nursing opportunities. INSET: Typical functional resume.