An Holistic Approach to Overcoming AIDS and HIV
- 1992. // Review of Optometry;9/15/2011, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p77
The article focuses on the signs and symptoms of several possible ocular complications secondary to AIDS and HIV in 1992.
- From Sodom and Gomorrah to Aunt Pittypat's porch. Alvear, Michael // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/21/2003, Issue 817, p36
Discusses the role of a culture of politeness and indirectness in the spread of HIV and AIDS in the southern U.S. Infection statistics; Southerners' lack of the ability to speak directly of homosexuality and gay health issues; Need for southerners' to speak up about AIDS issues.
- Identification of Factors That Reduce Rates of Detection of HIV/AIDS among Women 50 Years and Older. Spearman, Marilyn S.; Bolden, Jacquelyn A. // Journal of African American Studies;Fall2005, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p51
The number of cases among the elderly, both men and women, diagnosed with HIV/AIDS continues to increase, in spite of new educational and prevention efforts. Many factors appear to contribute to this phenomenon. The elderly population is living longer, however they are more at risk because of...
- Assessing Self-Management Information Needs of Persons Living with HIV/AIDS. Nokes, Kathleen M.; Nwakeze, Peter C. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Sep2005, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p607
In order to maximize their health status, persons living with HIV/AIDS must use a variety of self-management strategies. They learn these strategies from many sources often based on a specific need or problem. Information needs can be addressed during health care appointments but time is often...
- Testing a Predictive Model of the Use of HIV/AIDS Symptom Self-Care Strategies. Chou, Fang-yu // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p109
Several types of self-care strategies have been reported by patients with HIV/AIDS to manage their HIV/AIDS related symptoms. However, little research has examined the factors influencing the use of different HIV symptom self-care strategies. This paper presents the results of testing a...
- AIDS & HIV. // Just Out;11/18/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p36
Presents a list of AIDS and HIV health programs in Oregon.
- Still a Killer. Baar, Karen // Human Sexuality Supplement;Jan2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p1
The article presents information on the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in the United States and offers advice on testing and treatment. The number of new U.S. cases per year of HIV has fallen from its 1980s peak of 150,000. Still, more than 40,000 new cases occur every year. It is noted that...
- Food and Water Safety for Persons Infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Hayes, Celia; Elliot, Elisa; Krales, Edwin; Downer, Goulda // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/2/2003 Supplement 2, Vol. 36, pS106
Public health and food safety experts estimate that millions of episodes of illnesses annually can be traced to contaminated food and water. Food and water safety is extremely important to persons infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome...
- CORRELATES OF HIV/AIDS-RELATED KNOWLEDGE AND PREVENTIVE BEHAVIOR OF MEN IN AFRICA. Takyi, Baffour K. // Journal of Health & Human Services Administration;Fall2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p235
Examines the behavior of men in Africa who think they are at risk for HIV/AIDS and those who indicate they have no AIDS risks. Theoretical considerations; Data and methods; Results and discussion.