Mutual Funds: Lord, Albbett & Co. Introduces New Intermediate Municipal Bond Fund
- Lord Abbett Benefits From Structure, But Now Turns Eye to Credit Spreads. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;09/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30477, p1
Reports that Lord Abbett & Co. has hired an additional credit analyst in its municipal bond department in anticipation of widening credit spreads in the United States. Example of the firm's long-term approach to tax-exempt bonds; Reliance on structure; Investment culture; Involvement in the...
- Lord Abbett stays lean and mean. Stires, David // Fortune;3/17/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p136
Discusses the success of Lord Abbett and Co. as a money-management firm. Role of managing partner Bob Dow; Consideration of the decline of the average stock fund; Speculation about possible economic recovery; Accountability of financial analysts and managers; Rise in the Mid-Cap Value fund.
- Pinpoint Prospecting. Mandell, Nancy R. // On Wall Street;Jul2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on actions taken by Lord Abbett which manages mutual funds and separately managed accounts to develop a Web-based prospecting tool called LA Intelligence. Number of users that register to the online service according to the firm; Value given by the firm to clients according to Doug...
- Lord of Jersey city. // Business News New Jersey;01/18/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, pS16
Reports that in 1999 mutual fund manager Lord, Abbett & Co. moved to Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Lord Abbett catching on fast with banks. Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;9/10/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 174, p13
Reports on Lord, Abbett & Co.'s move to increase the number of banks it does business with by 50 percent since March 1993. Projected 30 to 40 percent growth in bank sales; Ranking among mutual fund companies; Creation of a fund family with a fee structure more appealing to banks.
- Lord Abbett prefers to stay independent. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;6/9/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p39
Reports that Lord Abbett & Company of New York has rejected potential merger suitors and opted to remain an independent company. Factors which contributed to the company's decision; Significance of the death of Ron Lynch, a managing partner of the company; Comments by Robert S. Dow, Lynch's...
- Flexibility creates value, Saith Lord Abbett. // High Yield Report;11/30/98, Vol. 9 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on the strategy of Lord Abbett and Co. to capitalize on investment opportunities in the United States. Advantage of flexibility when making deals; Addition of high-performing stocks in the portfolio; Consideration for the size of a company intended to be acquired.
- A nimble Lord Abbett mines Michigan for solid yield and total return. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p8
Reports that an abundant supply of municipal bonds in the Michigan market has helped Lord Abbett & Co.'s bond fund post above average returns. Issues favored by the fund; Municipal fund performance by sector in the state; Result of ranking by total return and income.
- Lord Abbett Gets New Systems, Headquarters. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;02/21/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p13
Reports on technological enhancements planned by money manager Lord Abbett & Co. Integration of the company's trading and asset management technologies; Expansion of its reporting and data collection methods; Integration of outside market datafeeds with the company's Unix/Oracle-run data...