California Senate Committee To Take Up Bond Notice Bill
- The Calif. Senate. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/5/2015, pA02
The article reports on the "right to die" bill passed by the California Senate passed and mentions that bill would allow adults with a terminal illness to request medicine from a doctor to end their lives.
- Tax Credit Bill Defeated In CA Senate. Takaki, Millie // SHOOT;9/13/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 36, p1
Reports that California Senate Appropriations Committee defeated the Assembly Bill 2747, a measure that would have established a wage-based tax credit in the state. Impact of California state's projected budget deficit on the bill; Hurdles that the bill would have faced even if it was passed by...
- California Legislative Affairs. Green, Mike // California Grange News;2008, Issue 2, p3
This article summarizes the actions that have been taken by the California Legislature on the nine legislative bills sponsored by the California State Grange (CSG) Legislative Affairs. Two of the bills, SB 1191 and SCR 86, passed the Senate and will be heard in the Assembly in May 2008. Each of...
- GAME BRIEFS. Shinoda, Lyndsay // Video Store Magazine;8/22/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p13
Presents news briefs on issues concerning the video game industry in the U.S. as of August 22-28, 2004. Results of a survey on the price cut of Sony PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Xbox hardware, conducted by International Data Group Entertainment; Features of "Metroid Prime" Bonus Bundle video...
- NEW FRONTIER IN URBAN GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS REGULATION: OVERVIEW OF CALIFORNIA'S SENATE BILL 375. Hettinger, Kira // Sustainable Development Law & Policy;Fall2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p58
A summary is presented of the 2008 California Senate bill S. B. 375, which reduces greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in accordance with the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, also known as Assembly Bill 32 (A.B. 32).
- TAMING THE WEST: SENATE BILL 4 AND CALIFORNIA'S STRUGGLE TO REGULATE FRACKING. HEDEMARK, JUSTIN // Golden Gate University Environmental Law Journal;May2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p119
The article examines the California fracking regulations of the state Senate Bill 4, and provides history of fracking, the current impact of the practice, and why it has become a highly contested issue.
- Calif. tire age bill withdrawn. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;7/20/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p1
The article informs that sponsors of a California bill, that would have required tire dealers to provide tire age information on sales contracts, have withdrawn the bill a day before a California Senate committee was to hold a hearing on it. The Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA), which has...
- Calif. bill aims to stop recycling theft. Truini, Joe // Waste News;9/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p3
The article reports that the California State Senate has passed a bill to fight the theft of curbside recyclables. It passed Assembly Bill 1778, 21-16, to require recyclers dealing in large cash transactions for recyclables, including aluminum cans, plastic and glass bottles and newspaper, to be...
- Calif. College Fights for Right to Sell Radio Station at Own Discretion. Fisher, Marla Jo // Community College Week;9/11/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the efforts of televangelist network Daystar Television Network of Texas to sell its KOCE-TV station to its KOCE Foundation in order to retain the affiliation of the station with Public Broadcast System. It says that a bill passed by the California Senate and its General...