NEW JERSEY: Bridging the Gap
- KENTUCKY: Tolls Set for Twin Bridges. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/19/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33982, p7
The article offers information on an official meeting of Kentucky and Indiana officials on September 11, 2013 to set the base toll rates that drivers will pay on the 2.6 dollars billion Ohio River Bridges Project.
- Toll Talk. VERBRUGGEN, ROBERT // National Review;11/17/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 21, p28
The author discusses an experiment with variable rate tolls on bridges in Lee County, Florida in which motorists who used the bridges during rush hours were charged more than those who used them at other times. This helped reduce congestion. Better transportation laws are needed to help this...
- Bridge tolls win approval. // Planning (14672073);9/12/2008, Issue 1786, p6
The article reports on the support of Halton Borough Council on a proposed road user charging on the Silver Jubilee Bridge in England. The bridge toll is considered to be part of the Mersey Gateway scheme. The government notes that it cannot pursue with the gateway without the tolls. Users of...
- Does court ruling on toll discounts affect Tappan Zee? LUNGARIELLO, MARK // Westchester County Business Journal;1/5/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on a ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals Second Circuit on December 23, 2014 that the cash toll on the Tappan Zee Bridge replacement project in New York is constitutional.
- DOT Denies AAA Request to Block Port Authority Toll Hikes. Worrell, Carolina // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/21/2011, Vol. 267, p1
The article reports on the refusal by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to block planned bridge toll increases across the Hudson River by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) as requested by the American Automobile Association (AAA). The DOT argued that it does not...
- Watchdog, Bloodhound or Scapegoat? Walsh, Brian // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the publication of the `Report of the Review Group on Auditing' in Ireland. Reaction of the press to the report; Establishment of an independent statutory.
- Audit fee premiums of big eight firms: Evidence from the.. Che-Ahmad, Ayoib; Houghton, Keith A. // Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation;7/01/96, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p53
Examines fee premiums paid auditees which are not among the United Kingdom's biggest companies, but are firms that may be labeled as `medium-size.' Use of modeling of fees to explain the variability of audit fees in the United States and Australia; Importance of understanding the pricing of...
- Global audit characteristics across cultures and... Wood, Rahnl A. // Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation;1996, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p215
Studies the linkage among cultural and environmental factors and auditing. Testing the relationships using canonical correlation; Harmonization of auditing standards; Objectives of the study; Information on international auditing; Methodology and result of the study.
- Knowing what to know. Shields, Greg // CA Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p55
Studies the extent to which auditors should know their client's business. Need for auditing standards to help auditors determine the nature and extent of the knowledge they should obtain; Auditing objectives; Criteria for determination of knowledge levels.