Supporters Fear Gov. Bush May Hold Water Bill Hostage
- Florida Review Sought. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31559, p1
Reports that Florida governor Jeb Bush has asked attorney general Charlie Crist to review the purchase of Orlando-based company Florida Water Services Corp. with tax-exempt bonds. Violation of the state 'Sunshine Law' during joint purchase of the company by the Florida Water Services Authority...
- Jeb Bush Picks Goldman, Salomon for Everglades Program. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p3
Reports that Florida governor Jeb Bush and his cabinet selected the finance team for the multi-million dollar Everglades Restoration Bonds program as of February 2003. Companies that will perform underwriting duties; Bond counsel for the program; Details of the program.
- Sunshine State Spending. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p1
Reports on the plan of some legislators in Florida to provide new bonding authority to private schools and professional and amateur sports entities, and to develop high-speed rail. Proposal of Governor Jeb Bush to cut spending and the size of state government; Supply of tax revenues.
- Cruise Tax on Choppy Sea. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p1
Reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's issuance of a warning to state legislators that he might veto a proposed passenger cruise tax intended to provide revenues for the bond-backed construction of a stadium in Dade County for the Florida Marlins baseball team. Key provisions of the...
- Florida Governor Wants to Take Rail Repeal to Voters. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p44
Focuses on the support of Florida governor Jeb Bush to repeal a high-speed rail project. Repeal of the referendum on the general election ballot; Construction of the first train route between Tampa and Orlando; Impact of the high-speed rail to the state's bond rating.
- Jeb Bush calls for bonds. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30571, p1
Reports that Florida Governor Jeb Bush's $46.8 million budget proposal is calling for about $1.13 billion of state bonding for fiscal year 1999-2000. Priorities for education, environmental protection and growth management; Infrastructure projects.
- Florida Special Session Could Make Or Break County's Hopes for Scripps. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31745, p4
Reports on the special session of Florida lawmakers to discuss state incentives pledged by Gov. Jeb Bush from the one-time federal economic stimulus package. Questions on the amount of incentive package; Generation of non-ad valorem proceeds; Improvements of revenue funding.
- Florida Governor Signs Off on Transportation Bill. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p4
Reports the approval of governor Jeb Bush of the transportation bill in Florida. Implementation of a high-speed rail system; Transformation of the Florida Turnpike District; Opposition of environmentalists on the bill.
- Florida mulls $3 billion of tobacco debt. Whalene, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p1A
Focuses on the tobacco-settlement proposal of Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Projected impact of the proposal on taxable debt; Effect of the proposal on the establishment of the Tobacco Settlement Finance Corp.; Need for sponsors in the House and Senate for the approval of the plan; Details to be...