June Payrolls Slip; Jobless Rate Jumps
- News In Brief: Payrolls Plunge, Jobless Rate Up . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p2
Reports on increased unemployment rate in the U.S. in November 2001. Decrease in payrolls outside the farm sector; Increase in job losses in the transportation sector; Revise of working hours.
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Higher; Jobs Report Hints at Slower Recovery. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p2
Reports the increase of the municipal bond prices in the U.S. as of April 2002. Market gains of the Treasury bonds; Estimation of the growth of non-farm payrolls; Increase of the unemployment rate.
- Payrolls Up Only 39,000; Jobless Rate Rises to 9.8%. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;12/6/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33427, p2
The article reports on the increase in nonfarm payrolls in the U.S. to 39, 000 and the unemployment rate to 9.8 percent.
- Employers to ante more in payroll taxes. Cobb, Kathy // Fedgazette;May2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p16
Speculates on a payroll tax rate increase in Wisconsin by 2004. Information on unemployment rates in the state; Possible impact on the unemployment benefits of workers in Wisconsin.
- Non-Farm Payrolls Gained 57,000 in Nov. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31776, p2
Reports on the increase of non-farm payrolls. Unemployment rate; Growth of wages; Average weekly earnings.
- Payrolls Up 155,000; Jobless Rate at 7.8%. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33840, p2
The article focuses on the U.S. employment report that shows the jobless rate has increased by 7.8 percent and payrolls have increased up to 155,000 in the U.S. in December 2012.
- Payrolls Up 175,000; Jobless Rate Rises to 7.6%. // Bond Buyer;6/10/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33925, p2
The article informs that the payrolls have increased up to 175,000 whereas the unemployment rate has increased by 7.6. percent in the U.S. in May 2013.
- Return surplus unemployment taxes to the people. Wilson, Mark // Human Events;10/02/98, Vol. 54 Issue 37, p10
Comments on the support for the removal of the tax increase in the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, which represents and extension of the payroll surtax in the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA). Details on the extended surtax on businesses in the US; Current FUTA tax rate; Benefits of the...
- March Payrolls Up 88,000; Jobless Rate Dips to 7.6%. // Bond Buyer;4/8/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33890, p2
The article reports on the March 2013 employment study which has identified that payroll has increased to 88,000 and the unemployment rate has a 7.6 percent decline in the U.S.