Pataki's Push To Cut Costs Drives Deals
- Voters will decide fate of popular environmental bond act. Turner, Brad // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/96, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p5
Reports on New York State Governor George Pataki's proposed environmental bond, the Clean Air/Clean Water Bond Act of 1996. Wide support for the bond from Republicans, Democrats, labor unions, environmental groups and the business community; Dependence of the passage of the bill on the November...
- Pataki revises budget reform plan to curb debt practices. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p3
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's revision of a budget reform plan. Curbing of debt practices of the state; Use of the payments from the tobacco settlement.
- Nassau Gets a Safety Net. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's plan to restructure Nassau County, New York's 220 million dollars debt. Reissuance of the bonds through a temporary oversight board; Details of the payment plan.
- Making Tax Increases a Nonstarter. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p1
Reports that New York governor George E. Pataki has promised to solve the state's budget problem by selling tobacco bonds and cutting spending. Methods by which Pataki expects to achieve savings; Deficit in the state's budget; Item in the governor's budget which is likely to trigger a controversy.
- New York's grand green scheme. Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/17/96, Vol. 236 Issue 24, p12
Reports on New York State Governor George Pataki's proposed bond act designed to include cleanup proposals that would cover the entire state. Funding allotted for the proposals; Environmental programs proposed; Comments on the state's environmental proposals.
- Pataki to Use Tobacco Bonds to Close Gap. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p1
Reports on plans of New York governor George E. Pataki to sell in bonds for closing the multi-million budget gap with backing from the state's portion of tobacco settlement revenues as of December 10, 2002. Expected influence of the proposal on the sale of bonds; Activities of counties and New...
- N.Y. Gov. Pataki OKs $155 Million in Debt for Penn Station Redevelopment. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p28
Reports the approval of George Pataki, governor of New York on the issuance of tax-exempt urban development corporation bonds. Issuance of the Empire State Development Corp.; Payment for the Farley-Penn Station Redevelopment Project; Increase of the Penn Station passenger capacity.
- Bills to Raise Caps Await Pataki Nod. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30931, p1
Focuses on the anticipated approval of New York State Governor George Pataki for a legislative bill to raise variable-rate debt bonds in New York City. Transactions which illustrate the issues at stake in the bill; Reaction of financial management firms in the city to the decision.
- Pataki Seeks New Limits On Bonding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/17/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31058, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's call on the Legislature to pass a constitutional amendment that would eliminate 'backdoor' borrowing, require voter approval for at least one half of all new debt, and authorize the state to put more than one general obligation bond act before voters...