U.S. College Net Sales Rise To The Plus Column in May
- Psychology Textbook Sales Up 16.6% in 2005; Market Share Relatively Steady for Top 10 Publishers. // Educational Marketer;8/21/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the recent growth on the total sales for new and used college psychology textbooks in the U.S. According to the data carried out by the Monument Information Resource, the total sales have been estimated an increase of 16.6 percent to $427.8 million in 2005 basing from...
- Though First-Half College Sales Were Flat, Publishers Are Upbeat About Growth for Full Year. // Educational Marketer;8/11/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the concern of educational publishers on the sales of instructional materials to colleges in the U.S. Percentage of projected growth for the educational materials industry; Combination of front lists and technology wrap-arounds to textbooks; Sales of materials for the second semester...
- Q2 Rebound Helps Push Wiley's Mid-Year College Sales Above 2003. // Educational Marketer;12/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p2
Reports on the financial performance of the U.S. college at John Wiley & Sons Inc. in Hoboken, New Jersey. Revenue in the first six months of fiscal 2005; Difficulty in the college market as a selling environment; Impact of sales volume on the growth in the market; Level of price increases.
- Company helps keep students on course. Callahan, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/6/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p17A
Reports that Indianapolis, Indiana-based The College Network publishes educational materials for adult students who want to earn an undergraduate degree, graduate degree or professional certification. Offering of materials tailored to meet the specific requirements of various colleges and...
- Presentation Power. Adelman, Michelle // University Business;Mar2002, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p47
Focuses on improvements on projectors and display products used for presentation purposes by educators. Advantages of the portable and fixed ceiling projectors; Details of network-capable projectors; Significance of a flat-panel display.
- MIDTERM ADDENDA. Preven, Eric; Preven, Joshua // New Republic;1/30/95, Vol. 212 Issue 5, p10
Features a satirical list of undergraduate courses now available at some fictional university. Course descriptions; Changes made to the "Course Catalog"; Methods of computations used in the statistics; Cinema and the law; Seminar on images of dampness in medieval popular ballads; Windbags since...
- On the Publish-or-Perish Policy. Beard, Robert W. // Journal of Higher Education;Nov1965, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p455
The article reports on the publish-or-perish policy in universities. The author discusses publish-or-perish policy regarding the advancement and academic recognition shall be dependent on one's contribution to the published literature related to his academic field. Moreover, the real reason of...
- Economy to Keep Market Challenging for Publishers. // Educational Marketer;2/ 2/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p1
The article provides an outlook for educational publishers in the U.S. for 2009. It notes that educational publishing in higher education, a stable publishing market, is challenging due to state appropriations. It also discusses the emergence of distribution models of publications including...
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;5/25/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p8
No abstract available.