Publishers of College Materials Settle Florida Copyright Lawsuit
- CCC Charges Copy Shop with Infringement. Zeitchik, Steven; Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/21/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 42, p9
Reports on a lawsuit filed in Gainesville, Florida against Custom Copies & Textbooks (CCT) and its president Kenneth F. Roberts in 2002. Efforts of the Copyright Clearance Center to coordinate the lawsuit; Companies that filed the lawsuit against CCT; Comparison of the lawsuit filed against CCT...
- Time Inc. to offer refunds for subscription renewals. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/3/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 27, p4
Reports that Time Inc. has agreed to settle an investigation with New York and other states over the publisher's billing and collection practices. Amount of refunds that the company will pay to its consumers; Coverage of the investigation; Background of Time Inc.
- Authors win $3m suit against textbook publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the out-of-court settlement reached between authors of the textbook `Merrill Mathematics' with publishing companies in the United States. Amount of settlement; Terms under settlement; Background on suit filed by seven authors; Publishing companies named in lawsuit.
- DAW Posts E-Piracy Notice. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;9/30/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 39, p12
Announces that science fiction publisher DAW Books placed a notice in its print books warning against the scanning and uploading of digital copies to the Internet without permission. Distributor of DAW; Content of the DAW electronic notice.
- SOURCE INTERLINK'S DISTRIBUTION "PEACE" WITH TIME INC. MADE GOOD COMMON SENSE. // Media Industry Newsletter;2/23/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p3
This article reports on the settlement of a lawsuit between wholesaler Source Interlink and magazines "People," "Sports Illustrated" and "Time." The suit focuses on a newsstand surcharge to be imposed by Source Interlink on the magazines. Similar agreements with other major group publishers will...
- Sun burned, lips zipped. Taylor, Ric // Body Politic;Mar86, Issue 124, p13
Reports on the agreement by the tabloid "Sun" to settle the libel suit filed by the gay group Right To Privacy Foundation. Information on an article written by Barbara Amiel and appeared in the May 2, 1982 of the "Sun" which was the basis for the libel suit; Penalty received by the periodical...
- Legal case over "lost" Adams negatives settled. C. B. // Art Newspaper;Apr2011, Issue 223, p4
The article reports on the out-of-court settlement of a legal case between Rick Norsigian and the Ansel Adams Publishing Rights Trust as of April 2011.
- Richard Sarnoff. Albanese, Andrew Richard; Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/7/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 49, p21
An interview with Richard Sarnoff, "Publisher Weekly's" Publishing Person of the Year for 2009 and a participant in the Google settlement debate, is presented. Sarnoff notes that the publishers' settlement efforts is an industry effort citing John Sargent, Will Etheridge and others as active...
- Notes to Contributors. // Community Development Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p124
The article focuses on the commitment of the "Community Development Journal" to the publication of papers and commentaries which increase understanding of community development and the effect of bottom up approaches that involve local people. It notes the acceptance of the journal of papers from...