Tony and Donna Lucki: Education Publishing's New Power Couple
- Houghton Mifflin is Close to Naming New CEO; Harcourt's Tony Lucki Said to Have Inside Track. // Educational Marketer;7/7/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the negotiation between Houghton Mifflin and Tony Lucki concerning the chief executive job position in the U.S. Duration of the negotiations; Appointment of executive vice president Sylvia Metayer as interim chief executive; Career highlights of Lucki.
- Houghton Mifflin Gets Lucki, Sales Gains. Milliot, Jim; Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p114
Reports the appointment of Tony Lucki as CEO of Houghton Mifflin. Career backgroound of Lucki; Information on the expenditures of Houghton Mifflin to keep and shed some of its employees as of August 2003; Details on the performance of the company in the first-half of 2003.
- Houghton Fills CFO, COO Posts; Moves Metayer to Head Assessment. // Educational Marketer;3/15/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p4
Explains that Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin president and chief executive officer Tony Lucki named Stephen Richards executive vice president, chief financial officer, and chief operating officer to replace Sylvia Metayer. Metayer's move to Houghton Mifflin Assessment Group as...
- Houghton Mifflin Sales on Track. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 47, p9
Discusses the financial results of book publisher Houghton Mifflin (HM) in the third quarter ended September 30, 2003. Revenue and net income for the quarter; Amount of sales in the quarter; Salary to be received by Tony Lucki who was appointed as CEO of HM.
- Lack of Adoptions Drops Sales at HM. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 34, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter ended June 30, 2004. Reason for the decrease in the total sales posted by the firm, according to company president Tony Lucki; Rise in college division sales; Decline in net loss.
- Houghton Mifflin and Riverdeep Expect Merger by Year's End. // Electronic Education Report;12/15/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p5
The article discusses the $5 billion merger plan of Houghton Mifflin, one of the largest publishing company, and Riverdeep, a leading educational software provider, by the end of 2006 in the U.S. The resulting entity will be known as Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep Group which combines two firms...
- Is Retirement Better the Second Time Around? Bursma Bids a Adieu Again to Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;12/15/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p1
Reports on the resignation of Al Bursma as executive vice president of school and supplemental publishing at Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts. Career history of Bursma; Achievements of the executive in the industry; Esclation of revenue.
- Lucki Signs on with Houghton Mifflin in 3-Year Extendable Contract. // Electronic Education Report;10/10/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p7
No abstract available.
- Houghton Mufflin's $4B Acquisition of Harcourt Stirs the Juices of Educational Publishing Industry. // Educational Marketer;7/23/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the issues concerning the $4 billion acquisition of Harcourt Inc. by Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Co. The educational publishing industry is intrigued by the pending transaction of the two companies due to the high debt load and how they will be integrated....