- Illinois Carries Billions in Bills into New Fiscal Year. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/2/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34136, p1
The article focuses on a data provided by Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka's office, concerning Illinois entering into the new fiscal year with about 4.6 billion dollars in unpaid bills and possibly another 1.1 billion dollars expected in near future. It states that Moody's Investors...
- Illinois Comptroller Topinka Dead of Stroke at 70. Shields, Yvette // Americanbanker.com;12/10/2014, p1
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka, admired across party lines for her blunt nature and down-to-earth style, died early Wednesday after suffering a stroke. She was 70.
- ILLINOIS: Topinka Slams $4B Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33824, p7
The article informs that Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka has knocked a legislative proposal to borrow 4 billion U.S. dollars for paying the state's mammoth bill backlog and also warned that the state couldn't afford the new debt.
- State investment pool targeted by Topinka. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/26/94, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p7
Focuses on Illinois Senator Judy Baar Topinka's charges that state treasurer Patrick Quinn's underlings mismanaged the Illinois Public Treasurers' Investment Pool (IPTIP). Topinka's comparative analysis of similar funds of other states; Topinka as Republican nominee for treasurer; Defense of...
- How Michigan firm banks state's bucks. Healy, Beth // Crain's Chicago Business;3/4/96, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Reports that First of America in Illinois is emerging as the state government's lead bank. Competitors' awareness of the bank's political influence; Bank's key political players in the state; Bank as the largest contributor to the campaign fund of state Treasurer Judy Baar Topinka.
- Topinka's next task: rebuild GOP. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;11/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the efforts undertaken by Illinois treasurer Judy Baar Topinka to rebuild the Republican Party. Brief description of Topinka's traits; Strategy followed by Topinka to influence voters; Political acceptance of Topinka; Maintenance of relations with top Democrats.
- State to draw investment road map. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;9/29/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p10
States that Illinois Treasurer Judy Baar Topinka plans to implement guidelines for state and local governmental entities with investment authority. Efforts of Topinka to prevent investment losses; Comment from Topinka, on the investment practices taking place in funds across Illinois; Schedule...
- Fiscal Website Revamped. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/15/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33533, p7
The article reports on the statement of Illinois comptroller Judy Baar Topinka regarding the improvement of the state website which aims to ease public access to financial reports and records.
- Treasured Assets. Cohen, Arna // Animal Sheltering;Mar/Apr2012, p23
The article focuses on the effort of Judy Baar Topinka to help shelters and rescue groups increase their adoption rates of pets through her departmental website to feature adoptable pets in her program.