St. Louis Stadium Authority Will Refund $175 Million
- St. Louis Cardinals' Stadium Deal Postponed Until Next Year. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p31
Reports the withdrawal of legislative supporters from a bond-financed stadium package in Missouri. Repayments of bond with sales tax revenues; Arguments by the Saint Louis Cardinals Major League Baseball team to generate revenues and remain competitive; Inclusion of an expansive downtown Saint...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31116, p31
Reports bond developments in the United States as of April 2001. Plan of Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley to fund soundproofing program; Approval of the stadium study legislation in Minnesota; Acquisition of Trans World Airlines Inc. by American Airlines in Missouri.
- Home Run King thrives in new quarters. Reis, Michael // Stone World;Jul99, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p46
Features the Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri. Objective of the transformation of the stadium; Features of the stadium.
- Mo. Lawmakers Work On Stadium Plans. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31383, p2
Reports the voting by the lawmakers concerning the stadium plans in Missouri. Allocation of budget; Renovation of the professional sports stadium in Kansas City; Approval on the building of stadiums from the Missouri House of Senate.
- St. Louis County Ballpark Debt Trial Scheduled to Start Monday. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32068, p3
The article reports that a circuit court judge set a trial date in lawsuits filed over whether Saint Louis County, Missouri can make a debt service payment this spring on a $46 million bond issue for the new Cardinals baseball stadium without public consent. The trial is scheduled to take place...
- Calling their bluff. Bishop, Ed // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 247, p16
Focuses on the move of the Saint Louis Cardinals baseball team owners on building a new stadium in Missouri. Use of taxes on building the stadium; Support of press on the blackmail attempts; Feasibility of team moving into the another homebase.
- Stay Where You Are. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31770, p51
Reports on the agreement between Jackson County Sports Complex Authority and Kansas City's professional sport teams in Missouri. Need of voters to approve the bi-state tax for the officiality of the agreement; Inclusion in the agreement on the extension of the stadium leases of Kansas City's teams.
- What the public paid for the Cardinal's stadium: The media never told the whole story. Lindecke, Fred; Sullivan, Tom // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jun2007, Vol. 37 Issue 296, p22
The article focuses on the cost to the public of the St. Louis Cardinals' Stadium in Saint Louis, Missouri. The owners of the baseball team are financing a large part of the costs of Busch Stadium, but they will not be paying for it. According to the authors, the taxpayers will end up paying for...
- As exciting as watching... McCallum, Jack; Kennedy, Kostya // Sports Illustrated;2/19/96, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the announcement that new turf will be laid at Busch Stadium for the St. Louis Cardinals and that any member of the media can attend.