Panel Approves Legislation Raising Loan Limits
- CHAPTER 17: Condominium Conversion. Portman, Janet; Brown, David // California Tenants' Rights;Jun2013, p267
The article reports on the legalities attached with conversion of rental property to condominiums, or demolishing existing rental property and replacing it with new condominiums in California. Under the state law, converting rental units to a condominium constitutes a "subdivision." The...
- Dilapidations: Repairs and the supersession thereof. Rowling, Jon // Journal of Building Survey, Appraisal & Valuation;Spring2014, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p53
This paper does not attempt to cover all aspects of dilapidations hut focuses specifically on issues associated with the point when a landlord's chosen method of repair might become classified as an alteration; whether the landlord' intentions are relevant; and different forms of supersession,...
- New rental property ordinance targets substandard housing. Tronche, John-Laurent // Fort Worth Business Press;10/29/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p19
The article reports on a rental registration program in Fort Worth, Texas which aimed at landlords who fail to comply with the specific codes designated by the Code Compliance Department. The ordinance also requires owners of apartments to follow the same regulations for larger apartment...
- RENTER'S RIGHTS. Hodge, Damon; Sykes, Tanisha A. // Black Enterprise;Sep2005, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p161
The article discusses renters' rights in the U.S. It is noted that rental laws offers universal rights for renters although some aspects may vary according to state and municipality. The author also mentions the responsibilities of renters that include cleaning the units and compliance with the...
- Law. Fetherstonhaugh, Guy // Estates Gazette;10/24/2015, Issue 876, p15
The article discusses how to interpret tenant repairing covenants under British real estate law. Topics discussed include the court cases that demonstrate the varying ways of interpreting the legal aspects of repairing covenants, the factors that determine the condition of repairs that a...
- Newman & Associates Pushing New Multifamily Structure. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p7
Reports the completion of the multifamily housing revenue bond issues in Dallas, Texas. Details on the GTEX structure of Newman & Associates; Expansion of portfolio for housing deals; Goal of the profit-entity on fair market sale.
- Saga Continues for Troubled Southeast Housing Bonds. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30952, p1
Reports on distressed nonrated multifamily housing bonds in the Southeast United States. Series 1998A bonds sold through the Development Authority of Houston County, Georgia on behalf of Emerald Coast Housing II Inc.; Underwriter of the bond issue.
- Has housing peaked? Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;09/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30730, p1
Focuses on the risks in multifamily housing bonds in the United States. Effects of decline in credit quality on multifamily housing markets; Trading of multifamily debt.
- A Shifting of the Cap. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30921, p1
Reports on the rise in the allocation of private-activity bonds to the multifamily housing sector in the United States. Growth rate between 1998 and 1999; Apportionment for mortgage revenue bonds; States' success in coping with demand for volume cap allocations.