Judge Keeps U.S. Trust in Suit; Stage Set for Appeals Hearing
- U.S. trust files a petition to settle Doris Duke case... Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;4/11/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 69, p18
Reports that United States (US) Trust Corporation has filed a settlement petition in the New York Surrogate Court in order to become sole executor in the estate of tobacco billionaire Doris Duke. Content of settlement petition; Amount of money co-executor Bernard Lafferty will receive if he...
- Investment manager must deny his name. Sakelaris, Linda // Pensions & Investments;4/5/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the lawsuit filed by U.S. Trust Corp. against James Cowperthwait for naming his company Cowperthwait Partners LLC. Details of the lawsuit; Decision of the New York State Supreme Court.
- Oklahoma Lawsuit Could Break $156 Million Bond Package. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p43
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Representative Russ Roach against a revenue bond issue for state capital improvement plan in Oklahoma. Concern over industrial projects to be funded by bond proceeds; Contention on the illegality of the bond issue; Target date for the availability of funds.
- Okla. High Court Declines to Hear Anti-Bond Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p7
Reports the lifting of the case against blocking the bonds sale by the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Finance Authority following the Supreme Court refusal to hear the case in Oklahoma. Purpose of the hearing refusal; Reasons on the alleged unconstitutionality of the bond issues; Causes of the...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Watts, Jim; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32029, p27
The article analyzes different bonds by southwestern States of United States. In Arizona Tucson Unified School District may allow businesses to advertise products and services on the district's school buses as a way to generate money for schools. A 2002 court order by the Arkansas Supreme Court...
- Illinois probe of Chicago suburb could affect 1993 IDFA bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p28
Reports that the Illinois Attorney General's office has launched an investigation into whether Chicago, Illinois' decision not to pursue reimbursement for a lawsuit settlement violated the conditions of issuance. Revenue bonds issued by the Illinois Development Finance Authority.
- Second Clinton Park Lawsuit Holds Up Other Arkansas Revenue Deals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31195, p34
Reports on a lawsuit attacking the constitutionality of a 16 million dollar Little Rock, Arkansas bond sale. Postponement of other revenue bond issues in the state; Details of the lawsuit.
- Judge Issues Deadline for Dallas River Project Case. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p40
Focuses on a lawsuit determining the legality of selling bonds for a project without the approval of the voters in Dallas, Texas. Schedule of the case trials set by judge Anne Ashby; Claims of the Taxpayers for Sensible Priorities over the illegality of the sale of the debt; Overview of the case.
- Top N.Y. court reinstates U.S. Trust as duke executor, pending a hearing. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;1/12/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the key decision won by U.S. Trust Corp. in the lawsuit concerning its handling of the estate of tobacco heiress Doris Duke. Previous decision by a lower court; Impact on the bank's image; Details of the case.