Boulder, Colo., School District Says It Did Not Misuse State Loan Funds
- Colorado Official Seeks Big Changes in Wake of St. Vrain Woes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/13/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31532, p40
Reports on the plans of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to send a team of financial advisors to write a plan to help the Saint Vrain Valley School District recover from its financial problems. Jobs to be carried out by these advisors; Intention of Coffman to support a legislation to eliminate a...
- Elizabeth School District in Talks to Get $1.5 Million Bailout From Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p7
Reports on the announcement made by Colorado treasurer Mike Coffman to negotiate a $1.5 million financial bailout plan with Denver, Colorado-based Elizabeth School District. Reasons behind the negotiations; Shortfall of funds faced by the district in 2002.
- Colorado Treasurer Halts Loan to School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p2
Reports on the disapproval of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to the loan payments for the Gunisson Watershed School District in Colorado. Reason for the disagreement of Coffman to the payments; Inability of the district to repay the lona; Condition of Coffman to the reconsideration of the...
- Colo. Treasurer Reinstates District Loan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31743, p2
Reports on the decision of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman to reinstate the Gunnison Watershed School District RE-J loan. Approval of revised budget; Compliance with the loan obligations to the state; Omission of cuts from classrooms.
- St. Vrain Pays Its Dues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31905, p31
Reports that the Saint Vrain Valley School District has made the final payment on a loan from Colorado. Financial recovery plan of the state; Assessment of the financial improvement in the district; Warning of Treasurer Mike Coffman on the district.
- Colorado Finally Ponies Up Loan to Strapped School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p28
Reports on the decision of Colorado's treasurer Mike Coffman to give St. Vrain School District a loan of 2.2 million dollars. Plans of St. Vrain teachers for compensating a reduction in their salary; Amount that would revive St. Vrain from its financial crisis.
- Colorado Treasurer Requests Audit of Boulder School District. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p3
Reports that Mike Coffman, Treasurer of Colorado called for an audit of the Boulder Valley School district's use of funds from the state's Interest Free Loan Program as of July 15, 2003. Investigations made by internal revenue service of a number of tax and revenue anticipation note issues in...
- Colorado Governer Set to Sign Last Of Four School-District Budget Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31632, p40
Colorado governorMike Owens has signed into law all but one of state Treasurer Mike Coffman's four proposals to reform school district budgeting and bond election procedures.Owens is expected in coming days to sign House Bill 1274, which would change the collateral for districts that receive...
- Fla. District Chief Suspended In Official-Misconduct Case. // Education Week;6/17/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p4
The article reports the suspension of the Monroe County, Florida superintendent of schools, Randy Acevedo, by Governor Charlie Crist after a grand jury indicted him for obstructing information related to a crime committed by his wife. His wife, Monique Acevedo, who was district coordinator of...