FiItch Slaps Negative Outlook on Northeast Municipalities
- Evanston Pensions Cause Another Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;7/23/2013, p6
The article reports on the downgrading of top credit rating of the city of Evanston in Illinois by Fitch Ratings from AAA to AA-plus rating due to the problem with pension funding. The city initiated the sale of general obligation debt worth 12.7 million dollars to provide additional funding for...
- Port Huron Takes a Hit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/26/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33605, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. downgraded Port Huron, Michigan from AA-minus to A-plus due to its high unemployment rate, weak economy, and above-average debt load.
- Dane County, Wis., Loses Its AAA From Fitch as It Combats Deficits. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/20/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33402, p3
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. has lowered the AAA general obligation rating to AA-plus of Dane County as it fights operating deficits in Wisconsin.
- Romulus in a Stable Spot. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/4/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33691, p9
The article reports on the BBB-plus rating given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. for Romulus, Michigan and the revision of the agency's outlook to stable from negative citing the city's improving financial operations.
- WISCONSIN: Milwaukee Now Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/19/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33169, p9
The article offers economic forecast for Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 2009. Fitch Ratings Ltd. ascribed top F1-plus short-term to the sale of Milwaukee of 228 million dollars but altered its forecast on the AA-plus general obligation credit of the city from stable to negative. Fitch assigned its...
- TEXAS: Tyler Pays Off Its GOs. Williamson, Ricahrd // Bond Buyer;3/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32838, p9
The article reports on the payment of the last general obligation debt of the city of Tyler in Texas. Mayor Joey Seeber and city officials signed the $3 million check as payment during a ceremony in February 2008. The payment was taken from the half-cent sales tax approved by voters in 1995....
- Town of Cicero gets below-average debt rating from Fitch. // Business Journal (Central New York);4/28/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p17
The article reports on the below average debt rating given by Fitch Ratings Inc. to the town of Cicero in New York. The town was rated below average BBB rating for general-obligation bonds because it did not appropriated for a lease payment in 2004. The company also cited that the town's local...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;3/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31835, p2
Reports developments related to the economic condition in the U.S. as of March 05, 2004. Upgrade of the rating of New York county to A-minus by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Decline in the first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Decrease in the factory orders for manufactured goods.
- Westlake's Choice. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32212, p33
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. affirmed its AAA rating for Westlake, Ohio, but stipulated that the city must keep its tax mill rate.