QUICK SCALES for Competitive Sales
- Exit and Exchange Option Values on Government of Canada "Retractable Bonds" Dipchand, Cecil R.; Hanrahan, J. Robert // Financial Management (1972);Autumn79, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p62
This article examines the design of the retractable bond issued by the government of Canada since 1967. A corporate retractable bond is a long-term obligation which permits bondholders to cash the debt at period. The government retractable bond is a modified version of the corporate retractable....
- 2 Theoretical background. // MNB Occasional Papers;Mar2008, Issue 73, p6
The article discusses the methods and results of estimating yield curves of government bonds in Hungary. The mathematical formula for getting the discount factor under the expectation hypothesis is cited. Also, the commonly used functional forms are mentioned including the Nelson-Siegel function...
- Southwest: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Jan. 15, 2004. // Bond Buyer;1/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31803, p39
Presents chart depicting general obligation bond yields in different states of the U.S. as of January 2004.
- GOVERNMENT BONDS AND UNSTABLE GROWTH PATHS. Robinson, William D. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Summer84, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p36
Provides a description of the behavior of the economic variables of government bonds over time, with particular attention given to the unstable growth paths. Necessity for a government to finance a deficit by some combination of creating money and issuing bonds; Effect of a decision of a...
- Yield Pickup. // Bond Buyer;10/25/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30754, p3A
Presents data on yields from government securities in the United States. Bond ratings; Includes bond issues from the Carrollton Farmers Branch in Texas; Alaska Housing Financial Corp.; Nevada-based Clark Co.; Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- CHESTY BONDS. James, David // BRW;8/7/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p27
The article discusses various aspects of investing in bonds in Australia. Government bonds and semi-government bonds offer minimal risk but also provide minimal returns. Corporate bonds offer higher returns, but they have high minimum purchase amounts. Also discussed are disclosure and...
- Weekly Yields of 20-Bond GO Index and Treasury Securities. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31285, p36
Illustrates yields of 20 general obligations bonds and Treasury securities in the U.S.
- BREAKING DOWN BONDS OVER THE AGES. Ruthven, Phil // BRW;6/13/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p21
The article examines the trend concerning the government bonds market in Australia since 1863. It mentions that the mean yield of the market has been 5.6 per cent for almost a century and a half. The average yield has increased from 1974 to 1996 and reached 10.7 per cent in 1996. According to...
- Far West: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Aug. 20, 2003. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p35
Presents a statistic related to plain or insured general obligation yield as of August 20, 2003 in states of the U.S. Ratings of yields.