Alabama Selling $124 Million Housing Pool Backed by HUD
- HUD: Rules for Operating Grant Bonds Expected by Year's End. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p5
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to unveil regulations that would allow public housing authorities to sell bonds backed by future public housing operating grants. Doubts of some municipal market participants on the potential feasibility of bond...
- What happens when HUD knocks. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;6/5/95, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p3
Reports on strategy of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to revamp the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA). Promise of the HUD for privatization; Strategy for improved management of the CHA; Importance of the cooperation of the public and private sectors in revamping the CHA.
- Bush Plan to Limit Role of State HFAs Not Expected to Find Senate Support. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31220, p4
Reports the lack of Senate support over the proposal to terminate the role of housing finance agencies in the multifamily mark-to-market program in the United States. Involvement of the agencies in the Department of Housing and Urban development restructuring process; Impact of the...
- General Accounting Office report. // Congressional Digest;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p233
Reports on public housing authorities' (PHAs) contract with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Details on the contract; Factors which influenced the contract; Background information on the PHA and HUD.
- Dial 911 HUD. // Christian Science Monitor;6/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 133, p20
Editorial. Discusses on the takeover of the Chicago Housing Authority by the Department of Housing and Urban Development to improve the living conditions in high rise projects.
- When HUD says: You can't pay your lawyer! Maher, William F. // Journal of Housing;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p14
Explains the problems that local housing authorities face when attempting to use agency funds to sue the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Contents of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular No. A-87, dated January 28, 1981; Standards for determining the allowability...
- State reports. // Journal of Housing;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p41
Reports on the high rating given by the Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Public Housing Management Assessment Program for the Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA). Rating criteria.
- Warm Springs housing under investigation. Chu, Keith // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p32
The article reports on the investigation conducted by federal criminal investigators from the U.S. Housing and Urban Development's Office of Inspector General concerning the possible misconduct at the Warm Springs Housing Authority, wherein former chief financial official Ray Potter was fired by...
- HUD should end cheap shots and just fix CHA. Ranney Jr., George // Crain's Chicago Business;7/17/95, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p11
Criticizes the accusations of the US Dept. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) against former executives of the Chicago Housing Authority (CHA). Accusations as mask for the inept handling by HUD of the takeover of CHA; Advice for HUD on how to manage the affairs of CHA.