Municipals Firm, Governments Lower; Jacksonville, Fla., Utilities Sell $115M
- Lowndes Co., Ga., Lifted To AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33002, p2
The article reports on the changes in the underlying rating of Public Facilities Authority and Central Valdosta Development Authority's revenue bonds and general obligation bonds in Lowndes County, Georgia. Standard & Poor's Corp. has raised the ratings of the bond to AA-minus from a-plus. It is...
- Rowan University, N.J., Downgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it lowered its long-term and, where applicable, underlying rating to A from A-plus on various series of outstanding bonds issued on behalf of Rowan University.
- West Penn Allegheny Health Off S&P Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33002, p2
The article reports on the affirmation of BB ratings of the Hospital Development Authority's revenue bonds issued for West Penn Allegheny Health System by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. It is stated that Standard & Poor's removed the ratings of the Authority's $758...
- Virginia Goes Negotiate4 Route to Draw Retail to $265M Deal. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;11/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33002, p3
The article reports on the triple-A rated government securities which will come to market with $265 million of general obligation bonds and plan to go negotiated deals in Virginia. It is stated that the traditional competitive route of the state's bonds is a response to an unstable market and...
- S&P improves outlook on N.Y.C.'s debt total; bond ratings unaltered. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p40
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s upgrading of its credit outlook for New York City's $27 billion of outstanding general obligation bonds. Rating on the debt; Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's announcement of the city's budget surplus for fiscal 1998; Need for the city to adopt a budget that is...
- S&P Drops Munis Bcked by HVB, Toronto-Dominion. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p3
Reports that the credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. lowered its short-term ratings on municipal bond issues in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the ratings; Effect of the ratings on the Pennsylvania State University's variable-rate revenue bonds.
- S&P stands firm on California's A-plus rating. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p3
Reports that Standard & Poor's has decided to reaffirm its A-plus rating on California's general obligation debt this 1997. Rating agency's concern over the California's ability to respond to a future economic downturn.
- Standard & Poor's upgrades Memphis Sewer System bonds to AA-plus. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p40
Reports on Standard & Poor's upgrading of Memphis, Tennessee sewer system revenue bonds to AA-plus, making it the highest-rated bond of its kind covered by the agency. Factors on which the upgrade was based; Ratings given by other agencies.
- Dallas Water, Sewer Bonds Raised by S&P. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's has raised its rating on the waterworks and sewer bonds of Dallas, Texas. Factors behind the upgrade in the city's bond ratings; Impact of healthy economic conditions on Dallas' bond ratings.