IRS Plan to Alter Private Activity Rule
- IRS Official Tells Issuers to Monitor Compliance. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34401, p1
Issuers should monitor bond activity for compliance violations, an IRS tax law specialist said at a Bond Buyer conference in Providence, R.I.
- Two Florida Agencies Enter Into Closing Agreements With IRS. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p5
Reports that the Orange County Health Facilities Authority in Orlando, Florida and the Capital Projects Finance Authority in Moorehaven, Florida have signed separate agreements with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to protect the tax-exempt status of pooled health care facility...
- Irs briefing. // Practical Accountant;Dec2001, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p18
Presents news concerning taxation laws in the United States as of December 2001. Extension of filing of tax exempt bonds for individuals affected by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack; Internal Revenue Service's issuance of a consumer alert encouraging older citizens who receive Social...
- TAX-EXEMPT FINANCING. Lew, Carol L.; Spector, Jeremy A. // Tax Lawyer;Jun2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1319
Explores developments on tax-exempt financing in the U.S. Provisions of the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 relating to tax-exempt financing; Regulations issued by the Internal Revenue Service for electric power and other output facilities that are financed on a...
- Issuers' support wanes for IRS right of appeal provision. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30409, p1
Reports that bond issuers' support is decreasing for legislation designed to grant them the right to appeal an Internal Revenue Service determination when bonds are taxable in the United States. Description of the provisions contained in the House and Senate versions of the bill; Impact of the...
- Part IV. Items of General Interest. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;2/3/2014, Vol. 2014 Issue 6, p473
The article lists several notices of proposed rulemaking by cross reference to temporary regulations issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service as of February 2014. It discusses several regulations in several notices including guidance for determining stock ownership disallowance of partnership...
- ABA Committee Recommends Tax Guidance to Facilitate P3s. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/6/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34389, p1
The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service should create guidance to facilitate the development of public-private partnerships, the tax-exempt financing committee of the American Bar Association's taxation section recommended.
- Part I. Rulings and Decisions Under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;11/9/2015, Vol. 2015 Issue 45, p628
The article offers information on the rulings and decisions under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code of 1986 as of November 2015. Particular focus is given on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) final regulations on allocation and accounting and certain remedial actions, for purposes of the private...
- Half of TEB's Resources to be Allocated to Exams in FY-2016. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F338, p1
Half of the Internal Revenue Service tax-exempt bond office's resources in fiscal 2016 will be allocated to examinations, and priority will be given to referrals, including those from whistleblowers, according to a work plan summary.